My Dealing with minutefett

It's not a grey area at all .....

This Wasted fett death watch helmet ....View attachment 202164

Is a recast of this
The sideshow collectibles ROTJ bust

View attachment 202165
Sticking a piece of clay in a dent doesn't make it a grey area. It's a recast of an officially licensed still in production product.
It is a grey area to some as there are people who consider it acceptable such as KaanE and there are others who do not. You apparently consider it acceptable as you have no problem with RS using the Hero casts from the EFX project.

Wait... slapping clay on other peoples products is recasting *now* but wasn’t a few months ago? Make up your mind.

Recasting discussions aside it’s not a good idea to lie to moderators multiple times after being warned multiple times not to. Always room to discuss grey areas but straight up lying to a moderator leaves no love lost there.

It is a grey area to some as there are people who consider it acceptable such as KaanE and there are others who do not. You apparently consider it acceptable as you have no problem with RS using the Hero casts from the EFX project.
You know my feelings on the efx and Dakota's under the table recasting of it, RS only gained their copy once the casts and its origins started to appear . But is it technically a licensed product like the SSR? It's a cast of the screen used helmet not the efx .

Wait... slapping clay on other peoples products is recasting *now* but wasn’t a few months ago? Make up your mind.

Recasting discussions aside it’s not a good idea to lie to moderators multiple times after being warned multiple times not to. Always room to discuss grey areas but straight up lying to a moderator leaves no love lost there.
When and who slapped clay on anything ?

I have read the t&C's and can't find the lying to a moderator section ? It seems mf was banned for scanning an efx helmet and accused and banished using some dodgy evidence based on conjecture and sceptical witness claims from what I can tell .

You know my feelings on the efx and Dakota's under the table recasting of it, RS only gained their copy once the casts and its origins started to appear . But is it technically a licensed product like the SSR? It's a cast of the screen used helmet not the efx .
Its from a cast made off the EFX mold which was intended for the PCR and legend WITHOUT permission of EFX. All subsequent casts are recasts of that item and in my opinion recasts.

I have read the t&C's and can't find the lying to a moderator section ? It seems mf was banned for scanning an efx helmet and accused and banished using some dodgy evidence based on conjecture and sceptical witness claims from what I can tell .

RESPECT
Treat others as you would like to be treated. Respect fellow members and their opinions. Respect must be extended to each and every member, the administrative staff included.

Id say lying to the admin is a breach of this thing called respect.

The immediate issue of MF took place before he purchased molds directly from Fett Pride.

This armor under the clay was sold to a mutual friend from MF who under inspection was able to confirm it was Wasted Fett armor.

No explanation was ever given to why clay was on the armor.

We have been able to prove a few times that MF recasted. It wasn’t like the eFx was the first item.

Attachments

• AA9CC35D-E0FE-43BF-BE9F-680BAC5B6E1A.jpeg
    AA9CC35D-E0FE-43BF-BE9F-680BAC5B6E1A.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 235
The immediate issue of MF took place before he purchased molds directly from Fett Pride.

This armor under the clay was sold to a mutual friend from MF who under inspection was able to confirm it was Wasted Fett armor.

No explanation was ever given to why clay was on the armor.

We have been able to prove a few times that MF recasted. It wasn’t like the eFx was the first item.
How on earth can you possibly confirm that speculation from that one image , no evidence just purely conjecture ?
Who was the friend ? Wtf did they buy it ?
Who paints armour without trimming it to the return edge ? It looks terrible and not quality pieces from the edges I can see . It Looks more like rubies tat if anything.

You know... Back in 2006, I flew out to California and helped a long time member here and friend of mine Tim_Allen (not the actor) with some vacuumforming he was wanting to do. Tim had sculpted in wax, VERY very accurate ESB Armor (for the time) and for a project in college he was able to make Bronze castings of them in order to make Vac Molds. So... I went to hang out with this dude I had known on TDH for almost 6 years and played video games with weekly and helped him vac form about 6 sets of armor using a makeshift vac table and his oven in his kitchen.

Fast forward about 6 months from that day and we start getting witch hunted by FP and some of his allies at the time that we "undoubtedly" recast his armor. The armor that Tim sculpted, by hand. He had all the progress pictures of the clay sculpts, the plaster mold for the wax casts, the slurry moldings, and the final bronze.... and when he and I were in full blown "Salem Trial" by FP, Art and others, the smallest detail of a PRINTED OUT PHOTO OF FP's V1 ARMOR was taped up above Tim's clay sculpts on his work bench. FP demanded Tim and I be banned because of this.

Photos folks, photos. Tim admitted that he printed out a photo of a painted set of FP armor along with all the MoM photos and used it to eyeball where dents and such were. So after deliberation from Art and the mods, they deemed it was NOT recasting. It was simply using photos as reference to replicate a new sculpt.

So...

I tell this drawn out story to bring it to this:

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FP ACCUSING US WITH NO REAL BASIS, TO YALL ACCUSING MF FOR ONLY ONE PHOTO WITH NO REAL PROOF?

I could understand if MF had literally bought some raw WF armor, and poured some plaster in it, and then added an inch or so of height on the bottoms in order to make new Vac bucks... but he didn't... he took semi trimmed armor, put clay on top of it it and then HAND SCULPTED the dents, and details, and curvatures into the clay. Did he have a second set of armor that he trimmed down immensely and pressed the dents into it? If he was making a true recast, why would he do it this way and leave THIS MUCH material missing from those parts:

TDh2.png

Why not just literally slap on clay, and trim the clay the same edge as the formed set?

Or why didn't they just make a mold of that MDF Mando Skull armor, make plaster bucks of that, and then peel off the mythosaur parts and put clay on THAT instead? Maybe because they used what they had already to just GET A ROUGH START of their clay beginnings?

Like, you guys literally based that accusation all on Abigail Williams crying WITCH! (Crucible reference for those who need it).

Would you ban someone for using the Wizard of Flight templates to make a sintra base to get the rough shape of the armor in clay? (IE, Cut out a template in Sintra, pack clay on it and sculpt in the details? Yes or No questions from everyone, I'll wait...

Well, I won't wait, I don't need an answer on it. What I will say, is Minute's scanning of the EFX Helmet is without a doubt enough evidence for a ban. It's a very clearly written rule of TDH that casts made of Licensed items STILL in production of companies STILL in business is a no go. Making a digital copy with the intent to make and sell cheaper versions is a no go. So that alone is enough to warrant a ban. But to use this photo and say "ITS FOR SURE WASTED FETT ARMOR AND HE IS FOR SURE TRYING TO RECAST IT" is getting LAME.

You don't recast someone's armor like that. Period... we all know the methods to go about recasting peoples items, and THAT JUST AIN'T IT.

That individual is on the boards and can discuss his dealings if he so wishes.

Recasting accusations and proof puts the burden on the accuser not the accused. The moderators made the decision to ban based on the evidence. Hell, he wasn’t even banned here first, it was a chain reaction. Mob rule? How long did it take for Mike Rosa to get banned? Some of you here also defended him!

The behavior of lying over and over again and watching people still defend him is comical.

yeah but we're striving for accuracy right? That's the exact thing from the show so I see no problem in using it.
There are MCR pieces used in the show. Do you think people should be allowed to copy Dakota’s work because they are “found parts” now? I don’t think that would be right, but it seems consistent with the logic to recast the Sideshow bust as a “found part.”

That individual is on the boards and can discuss his dealings if he so wishes.

Recasting accusations and proof puts the burden on the accuser not the accused. The moderators made the decision to ban based on the evidence. Hell, he wasn’t even banned here first, it was a chain reaction. Mob rule? How long did it take for Mike Rosa to get banned? Some of you here also defended him!

The behavior of lying over and over again and watching people still defend him is comical.

No, recasting isn’t only on the accuser, it’s on both. First come the claims, the “proof” and then the accused’s “proof”.

And as boba87fett said, either there is a line or their isn’t. Just seems that as certain folks get to do it, but no one else should get to is a terribly flawed mentality...

No, recasting isn’t only on the accuser, it’s on both. First come the claims, the “proof” and then the accused’s “proof”.

And as boba87fett said, either there is a line or their isn’t. Just seems that as certain folks get to do it, but no one else should get to is a terribly flawed mentality...

According to the TDH code of conduct accusations made have the burden of proof on the accuser.

RECASTING
Copying or duplicating, any item, with or without modification, without consent from the license holder, original creator, original artist, trademark holder, or copyright holder IS recasting. Deliberately recasting another member’s creation without consent is not supported by this community.

If an accusation of recasting is made, the burden of proof falls solely on the accuser. It is not the responsibility of the accused to prove their innocence in any form. The Dented Helmet chooses to believe our members are innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until they can provide proof of their innocence. It is not the job of the administration to determine if an individual has recast, only their job to administer punishment if an accuser provides definitive proof of recasting.

According to the TDH code of conduct accusations made have the burden of proof on the accuser.

RECASTING
Copying or duplicating, any item, with or without modification, without consent from the license holder, original creator, original artist, trademark holder, or copyright holder IS recasting. Deliberately recasting another member’s creation without consent is not supported by this community.

If an accusation of recasting is made, the burden of proof falls solely on the accuser. It is not the responsibility of the accused to prove their innocence in any form. The Dented Helmet chooses to believe our members are innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until they can provide proof of their innocence. It is not the job of the administration to determine if an individual has recast, only their job to administer punishment if an accuser provides definitive proof of recasting.

Yeah bud, I get you’ve read that over and over. I was around when that wasn’t in place and it was put in place BECAUSE fettpride started accusing anyone who sold fett armor...

There are MCR pieces used in the show. Do you think people should be allowed to copy Dakota’s work because they are “found parts” now? I don’t think that would be right, but it seems consistent with the logic to recast the Sideshow bust as a “found part.”

No. It's also obvious that everyone here defending MF is using that particular helmet as a defense. Like many things there are a lot of details not discussed openly A case in point: MCR (Dakota) allowing modified heroes to be sold. No one here besides the two parties and moderators have any knowledge of what transpired.

Scott who's the Site Admin who commented earlier was pretty clear why he was banned. It wasn't *just* for recasting. Does anyone here have a defense for why you would lie to the site admin or are we just going to ignore that fact? Just to be clear that picture of clay on armor isn't the recasting that got MF into trouble and those claims of recasting were obviously proven to be true. I don't think Scott Kaufmann would lie, do you?

When the Mandalorian Mercs ban you for recasting before The Dented Helmet does...that tells you everything you need to know.

Yeah bud, I get you’ve read that over and over. I was around when that wasn’t in place and it was put in place BECAUSE fettpride started accusing anyone who sold fett armor...

I've been pretty active here since '05 so I don't really get your point.

Last edited:
No. It's also obvious that everyone here defending MF is using that particular helmet as a defense. Like many things there are a lot of details not discussed openly A case in point: MCR (Dakota) allowing modified heroes to be sold. No one here besides the two parties and moderators have any knowledge of what transpired.

Scott who's the Site Admin who commented earlier was pretty clear why he was banned. It wasn't *just* for recasting. Does anyone here have a defense for why you would lie to the site admin or are we just going to ignore that fact? Just to be clear that picture of clay on armor isn't the recasting that got MF into trouble and those claims of recasting were obviously proven to be true. I don't think Scott Kaufmann would lie, do you?

When the Mandalorian Mercs ban you for recasting before The Dented Helmet does...that tells you everything you need to know.

I've been pretty active here since '05 so I don't really get your point.

I’m not interested in defending MF. My intent was to point out the danger of hypocrisy to those that might read this, if that is the logic behind the previous commented I quoted. Nothing more, nothing less

Well, it's a thin line. Why is it correct to cast MQ-1 or SX-70 if the companies are still in business? Just because the items are no longer produced? If an eFX/Anovos/Sideshow helmet is limited and no longer produced, can we copy it?

See? It's not that easy.

Not going to wade into the mf debate... its really gotten too complicated to keep track of.

Some thoughts on the SS bust / MCR parts that boba87fett brought up though and that KaanE has elaborated further on.

I see the logic of the argument that e.g the MCR parts being used on the show shall not make it a found part and acceptable to copy. Its just common sense.

However, to me, there is a huge "moral" difference in a prospected copying of something that is sold to be costumes (i.e. MCR parts, the EFX helmets, etc. (ok, they are for disply mostly but you get my point) and something that is not initially produced to be a costume, for example the calculator parts or even the new greeblies used on Cobb or Din, like the guns, the belt-computer-hardware thing, etc.

In other words: is the copying of a "now" "found part" potentially taking away business from the initial producer?
If someone were to copy MCR parts, thats a clear "yes".
If someone were to mold an old German flare gun, the Reblies, the calculator parts etc., thats a clear "no". After all those companies arent even in business anymore.

The SS bust is a little more complicated - after all it already is a Boba Item. But costume helmets being made from it is very likely not taking away any business from someone who wants display bust.

Just my two cents. And obviously NO legal advice!!! Just some thoughts about the ethics...

Also, if the bust or the helmet is a limited edition, once everything is sold, the business is over for the company. You're not taking a piece of the cake out of them.

I think it's admirable BudaFett that your the head cheer leader for the Wasted fett fan club but it looks like the accuser has become the accused .
We as a community need to discuss the recasting issue as it seems since the emergence of the efx recast and Dakota's dubious actions the lines seem to have become blurred and the rules not implemented fairly. Before you start waving the finger at MF and start saying he's a liar and a recaster all parties aren't innocent in this situation. WFs actions can be interpreted as dishonest and also without doubt guilty of recasting . Recent examples such as his disguising his fugly helmet as a FPH2 to hide it's origins , his recent claimed clone trooper helmet sculpt which is clearly a MR helmet and now his SSR recast which is without doubt a largely unaltered illegal recast of a licensed product. If MF had done any of the above you would have been on here shouting recaster to anybody who would listen .

Maybe it's time to revise the rules ? With the advent of digital scanning and 3d printing recasting has become acceptable practice off forum . The GMH scan post a while back raised the issue where Art stated that scanning an item isn't an issue it's what you do with that scan that then becomes the issue . MF acted within the rules if you look at it that way and was merely selling the scan off forum ?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back