BFUK Jet Pack Run starting phase one.

What! How have I been missing this thread since I'm on the list even. I've been still drooling over the last thread.......when are you starting of phase II, I can get some money together quickly for this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to upload photos tomorrow and give a full update. I have a full day to myself to spend on this project. All the parts are made and finished, with the exception of the beacon and stabilizer, and a minor adjustment to the missile lower half. Most are now molded and the castings of the main body are of the correct quality, strength and come out of the mold needing only minor cleaning up (which is what I have been working on).

Looking forward to updating tomorrow - and getting these first batch out.

Bobby.

Update for you all.

I am now happy that I am getting the best out of the mold and as I have said before they have passed my QC :D

So, firstly, some pretty pictures.

bfukjpcast1.jpg

By bobbyfettuk, shot with DSLR-A100 at 2009-03-26

bfukjpcastback.jpg

By BobbyFettUK at 2009-03-26

bfukjpcast2.jpg

bfukjpcast3.jpg

bfukjpcast4.jpg

I have one body primed which requires a quick rub and final primer coat and another two very close behind.

The molds are half done for the other parts and I hope to get further into those today (y)

Here are the greeblies - including the unidentified one.

bfukjpgreebliefit.jpg

By BobbyFettUK at 2009-03-26

bfukjpgreebliekit.jpg

I am aiming to get these finished up by the end of the week ready to start shipping. The next phases should be much quicker :rolleyes now I am happy with the manufacturing process. (y)

Notes, these are all casts and the greeblie was a quick paint from what I had to hand as an example, supplied as the kit photo.

those look beautiful cant wait to see one put together or to get mine lol keep up the great work we are all very impressed with your mad skills and devotion to perfection.

BFUK!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!! Duuuude, I can't wait to get my hands on one!

I know I keep saying it, but this is just too exciting!

El1te

Hey Rob

Any updates on the packs as where all eager to know what is happening mate and we all cant wait to get them.

Update.

I have been pushing on with mold making for the missing parts. I have got most made and almost put together a complete kit.

packcastingkit.jpg

By bobbyfettuk, shot with u10D,S300D,u300D at 2009-04-02

Closer you can see the thruster centre details are cast separately this will allow them to be easily upgraded to ali if required.

packcastingkit2.jpg

By BobbyFettUK at 2009-04-02

What needs to be done to finish phase 1 and get these shipped? Well I need to mold and cast some parts as this photo.

packcastingkit3.jpg

By BobbyFettUK at 2009-04-02

The good news is I have all the parts on hand, and I have an order of rubber on the way, included on the order is plenty of resin also. I have 2 more packs ready for priming and the last ready to pull from the mold.

So what have I been doing? Molding and casting the rear hatch. Making new and more accurate fuel cell caps - they were nagging away at me, and I had the perfect opportunity to change them out due to the mold amendments. I also wanted them to be the same as the next packs and the inaccuracy was bothering me. I have also refined the bottom section of the rocket.

I do need to get the beacon and stabilizer sorted and the improved knurled section back from the machine shop, but they promise me I will have it asap.

So, I will have the packs ready to ship by Tuesday next week. Thanks for your patience, you have pretty much been guinea pigs here, but all the problems have now been ironed out and I am very happy with the kit in every way. More updates over the weekend, and then completed kits at the satrt of the week (y)

Bobby :jet pack

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back