BFUK Jet Pack Run starting phase one.

Like everyone else has said, that's one gorgeous pack. One question though, what's the total weight of the pack?

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
that has to be the best fan-made pack ever. great work , bobby!!

when i go to up grade, i will be droping you a line.

Hi Everyone

I picked up my pack from Rob today and all I can say is WOW this pack is beautiful and well worth the wait, what Rob has done is a work of art the pack is superb, also seen all the metal greeblies that he will be offering as upgrades and all I can say on that is I will be having a set of them as they are superb too, those that are waiting for there packs you are getting something that is well worth it and those who are thinking of ordering one of these when Rob does another run is get one as you will not be dissapointed at all with it. Nice one Rob job well done mate was nice to see you and have a good chat, hope to talk soon mate and thanks for this lovely pack.

Cheers

Boba trooper

Thanks David It means a lot buddy. I think you can tell it has been a labour of love. :D

Pm of paint colours coming your way and looking forward to seeing it painted up.

Update

The first steps have been slow but steady. Two more packs are shipping this week and then the updated mold will be coming by the end of the week. Production times will then come way down.

I should have everything in place and stock on hand to supply the ali parts from next week also.

Still developing the metal harness rig, but it will be worth the wait also ;)

Thanks all,

Bobby :jet pack

I received my jet pack yesterday. Never heard of next day mail from uk to california but it happened! The jet pack is great! Everything goes together great and I love the options he left open for upgrading. I did have an issue with the jp but its not robs fault. During shipping they must have stacked some heavy boxes on top of my box. The main body has a crack up the whole side. Rob is an awesome guy and we are figuring out what to do. This jp is worth the money and the wait. Very impressed with the service and product.

Nice one. Looking forward to my turn at some point.
Im dreading my armour being smashed as it goes from the US to the UK.

Thanks guys. I have really turned a corner with this project and the new mold will be ready to pull packs from Monday. so watch this space for a big update then.

Shame about the damage caused in shipping, but I guess that is about the end of this learning curve!

Looking forward to getting things moving at a much quicker tempo in the coming days!

Rob.

Woh! The new packs are ready today?? Does that mean I will be getting mine soon?? Haha! Can't wait for the update my friend!

Hi all

All is well and moving quickly. I have been out of town training for my new job this week, so thats why things have stalled these past few days. Over the weekend most of the paid for packs will be finished. I have two which will move to the finishing stage. This is where I build the kits up and make sure they fit together square and tight and then primer and pack.

These packs in the photo are just about ready to pack (Kwally89's is in the box and will ship as arranged).

XfettX your replacement body is also ready to ship and will go out very early next week.

Thanks all Bobby.

DSC01472.JPG

Hey BFUK! Lookin good! Say, what are you doing to develop the harness rig? I was thinking of building one too, based on the ref photos. but I haven't even finished my JP. you have any progress pics?

Ohhhh!! I'm sooo excited to get it!! You have no idea how hard it was to ask you to NOT ship it until I get back from vacation. I wanted to stay home and wait for it. Vacation isn't as important as this pack!!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back