Superjedi's MF-ESB for RPF member Al May

Thanks again! I appreciate the comments. :)

DAY 46: FINAL UPDATE

I finished the remaining assembly by epoxying in the circuit board, and the visor tabs. I trimmed the visor
to fit and got it in place. The RF is very simple to install, just a small machine screw and nut, so here is a
selection of final pics.

IMG_3739_zpslifnjvpq.jpg

IMG_3741_zpsj70j7stv.jpg

IMG_3743_zpsn44fmn7k.jpg

IMG_3745_zpsv813hber.jpg

Hope the weathering and staining on the dome comes through in these pics. The color variations are subtle.

IMG_3747_zpskg3e3wyi.jpg

IMG_3749_zpsfyuushvo.jpg

With the Christmas holiday fast approaching, I probably won't get to send this out until early next week.
Thanks to everyone who followed along--and especially to Al for trusting me with his MF cast. This was a rare
treat for a Fett fan to get to see one of these up close.
There are a few more pics on my Fett Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CounterFett...105078/?ref=hl

Wow....just wow. Funny, I went back thru your eary threads on paint ups, and they were really good. But the transition from being good to incredible is shown well right here. The circle is now complete. You are the Master.

Great job man. I am hoping to get a new helmet in late 2016, so I may hit you up for a paint commission.

Think you got the photos of the screen used boba mixed up with the one you took of this comision, just kidding , but this does however look fantastic, awesome job you have done here, and in such a small amount of time, you must have been flat out.great job

Just read through this entire thread in about six minutes lol and it's absolutely stunning! Amazing work man looking forward to seeing more paint ups from you :)

"otherwise there's much wailing and gnashing of teeth" LOL!

I learn something new with each of your paint ups. Awesome job as always. Quick question, do you have a different preference for for topical paints as opposed to airbrushed? Or do you use the same for both?
Look forward to your next commission!

Thanks! Not really. I still have a good supply of Polly Scale acrylics and I like to use those for both airbrushing and hand painting.
Although there are a couple of colors in the Tamiya and Testors Model Master acrylic lines that I use, too.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back