ROTJ Jetpack Greeblie Discussion

For the switch, I found a single pole rotary switch at Ace. The brass tip unscrews and then you can cut away the threads. I painted the nut with gold and misted it with brown. I am happy with the result, looks close enough for me. I don't know if anyone knows if the button was a push or rotary, but in terms of looking the part I'd say this works well. The other nut I used on the back so it only poked out as much as I wanted it to.
Gardner Bender Single Pole Rotary Switch Magnesium 1 pk - Ace Hardware

View attachment 196333

View attachment 196334

View attachment 196335
To make it easier I've labeled them in RED w/Numbers and below provided some detail of the parts I'll be using.
Number in PicManufacturerPart NumberBought FromLink
5Eaton8411K12eBay

View attachment 212218
A bit of a necro-bump, but this seems like the right place to ask.

Looks like there are a couple "found" parts for the ROTJ jetpack switch (item #5 in Irongladiator's picture):

Eaton 8411K12
Gardner Bender GSW-61

What's cool is you can view the dimensions on both:

Eaton 8411K12 (see Page 3 under "8411K7, K8, K11 AND K12")
Gardner Bender GSW-61

Which makes me ask: are there any known dimensions for this part? In particular the outer hex nut and the diameter of the center "button". It doesn't seem like a complicated piece to build or model and 3D print, so if I can get some dimensions I might be able to work with that.

Worst case, I can probably use the Eaton part dimensions to make one.

Hiya Bob A Feet
Your question of: are there any known dimensions for this part?
I would defer that question to some of the greats on here: such as RafalFett , Fett 4 Real , BudaFett (There are MANY other greats on TDH, those are the ones that just come to mind). If anyone has a clue as to the known dimensions of parts, it'd be these guys! Are you looking for specs down to the micrometer?

Why has no one invented a time machine yet?
1647993188918.png

I believe I asked that question before as a hypothetical. If there was a Fett-Question that you personally would like answered, but you could only ask one, what would it be? And from what era? (ESB/ROTJ). Hahaha!

Are you looking for specs down to the micrometer?
Thanks for the prompt reply!

It doesn't have to be exact, but a rough size idea always helps things "look right" in my experience.

Since the XLR port is pretty standard in size, I could probably use that as a reference, but figured I'd try asking the experts here first.

If you took the time you could probably get a rough measurement with these photos (and the others from that set). Most of them have a tape measure present. Then compare that to when the jetpack is on display and the stunt packs that possibly could have used the same underside greebles?
1648065804937.png

Last edited:
Ended up using the Neutrik port dimensions and this image to make some estimates:

Boba-Fett-Costume-AoSW-2000-013.jpg

If the port on the left is 22mm wide, I estimate the hex nut (flat to flat) is ~12mm, the middle metal part is ~9.2mm, and the center "button" (in white) is ~6.4mm.

Looking at the specs on the Eaton part I linked to before, the dimensions are 14mm / 11.68mm / 7.87mm

The ratios between the parts are about the same too, the metal "center" is about 77 to 83% of the face to face nut width, and the button is about 67 to 70% of the metal width

I'm currently looking into threaded metal rods that are hollow, then I could put a nut on it and maybe insert a wooden dowel or something.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back