ROTJ glove’s advice

crash22

Active Hunter
Submitted my costume for 501st approval, got back some feedback have couple minor things to fix which I already did. The one last thing I need to do is fixing my gloves they said they may be the wrong Color, but according to the crl it’s says light grey and mine are light grey. Not sure what to do before. Re submit I do think they need some more weathering any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 6E0141C9-97A9-4650-9F07-391888D670F3.jpeg
    6E0141C9-97A9-4650-9F07-391888D670F3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
crash22
I agree with Mythosaur in that they need to be a tad bit darker. I'm not sure who you got your gloves through or if they are self made, but when I was first buying stuff for my ROTJ Fett, for the gloves I initially went with Man of War Studios - ROTJ Gloves. After reviewing the costume more and more in depth I began to feel like they were a bit too light too. The quality of MoW Gloves are ok for what they are, just the coloring was again a bit too light.
1680494863762.png

Here is what the 501st has to say in their CRL...
1680495155076.png

While yours is not as bad as the MoW Studios version in terms of color, yours does seem to be still a bit too light. For me, in the end I turned to Mike M. for my ROTJ gloves. According to many here, he offers the superior gloves, and when compared against the MoW Studios ROTJ version....
Mike M vs MoW Studios.jpg

.....yeah, you start to see the difference.

Best,
-Iron

crash22
I agree with Mythosaur in that they need to be a tad bit darker. I'm not sure who you got your gloves through or if they are self made, but when I was first buying stuff for my ROTJ Fett, for the gloves I initially went with Man of War Studios - ROTJ Gloves. After reviewing the costume more and more in depth I began to feel like they were a bit too light too. The quality of MoW Gloves are ok for what they are, just the coloring was again a bit too light.
View attachment 235596

Here is what the 501st has to say in their CRL...
View attachment 235598

While yours is not as bad as the MoW Studios version in terms of color, yours does seem to be still a bit too light. For me, in the end I turned to Mike M. for my ROTJ gloves. According to many here, he offers the superior gloves, and when compared against the MoW Studios ROTJ version....
View attachment 235599

.....yeah, you start to see the difference.

Best,
-Iron
Cool thanks I will darken up the grey and weather them up a bit more. I bought these years ago I think they are Imperial Boots if my memory serves me correct lol.

Also, I know this is semantics, but I wouldn't call the gloves light grey. They certainly aren't as light as the suit, and are roughly about the same color as the spats, maybe even a little darker. I would call them just...grey.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back