Paul A

New Hunter
Two, maybe three questions
I recently received my girth belt from Man of War Studios, but it’s a bit bright. Any recommendations on how to tone down the color or weather it a bit?

Second: I have Minutefett gauntlets with real metal parts. The left gauntlet is obviously heavier and tends to rotate. Any ideas on padding it?
And related to that, it closes with Velcro. Any recommendations on magnets and attaching??

Attachments

• 85F48C87-4AAD-4BD6-8809-4E94A299D912.jpeg
    85F48C87-4AAD-4BD6-8809-4E94A299D912.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
  • 683EC281-430B-4412-B91E-BC7245B4E00F.jpeg
    683EC281-430B-4412-B91E-BC7245B4E00F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
Looking at the picks, I'm not too familiar with mow's girth belt so I won't be much help there. When it comes to the gauntlets, it looks like they can be trimmed down quite a bit.

On the upper right inside gauntlet shell you have quite a bit of excess material. perhaps trimming that will help you with the fit. I used velcro for the closure along with an inch of foam padding inside.

On the left gauntlet I noticed that there is a lot of extra material on the lower left inside. You can either trim that down a bit or add foam padding and fit for comfort. The left gauntlet should be a tighter fit and give you a little bit of a bite near the wrist area. I also took the traditional route and used velcro for the closure to give it that clean look. I have metal parts and a fiberglass upper left shell and it hardly moves at all.

Hope this helps.

Paul A
Based on your pictures, it looks as though you may be going for a ROTJ Fett, yeah? I'm a ROTJ Fett myself. I'll offer my thoughts.

MoW Girth Belt - I actually have a MoW GirthBelt too, and as you may know he offers two variants, and ESB and ROTJ version....
MoW Girthbelt Offerings.jpg

I also thought MoW's ROTJ Girth Belt offering was very bright. And in looking at the 501st CRL, when you compare the two to the 501st CRL....
1679259949544.png

...to me anyways the MoW ESB version looks much closer. This is totally on you, but if it were me, you may wanna see if Christian (MoW) is willing to exchange it out to his ESB Girth Belt offering.

Gauntlets - I don't have MinuteFett stuff so I can't speak to it. I have an all Boba Maker armor set, to include Helmet and Jetpack. I've heard many people who have smaller forearms don't like the Boba Maker Gauntlets for just that reason, that the openings are too big. I'm 6'2" and I'd say my forearms are average, I'm definitely NOT a body builder, nor do I have Popeye forearms. But I really like Boba Maker's Gauntlets and decided to keep them. The Boba Maker Gauntlets also make use of Velcro closures. I also used foam that I simply hot glued to my gauntlets, and for the past 2 years and after dozens of troops, I can say it's held up nicely, and holds onto my forearm rather good! Here is what is looks like. My suggestion is to cut the foam out so in a way so that a few inches are not foamed on either end. Your flight suit should cover up the insides and no one will be the wiser....
Gauntlet Padding.jpg

I also make use of metal parts, attached to my right Gauntlet which are Machine Craft Replica's Flame Thrower Nozzles, as well as MCR's Ultra Light Gauntlet Rocket. I used to have a Quest Design Canada Rocket on there, but that pretty heavy (Looked good, but was heavy).

Hopefully this gives you some options to think about.

Best,
-Iron

Last edited:
Two, maybe three questions
I recently received my girth belt from Man of War Studios, but it’s a bit bright. Any recommendations on how to tone down the color or weather it a bit?

Second: I have Minutefett gauntlets with real metal parts. The left gauntlet is obviously heavier and tends to rotate. Any ideas on padding it?
And related to that, it closes with Velcro. Any recommendations on magnets and attaching??

for the belt, give it black acrylic paint washes, you may need to repeat the process a few times

Paul A
Based on your pictures, it looks as though you may be going for a ROTJ Fett, yeah? I'm a ROTJ Fett myself. I'll offer my thoughts.

MoW Girth Belt - I actually have a MoW GirthBelt too, and as you may know he offers two variants, and ESB and ROTJ version....
View attachment 235176
I also thought MoW's ROTJ Girth Belt offering was very bright. And in looking at the 501st CRL, when you compare the two to the 501st CRL....
View attachment 235177
...to me anyways the MoW ESB version looks much closer. This is totally on you, but if it were me, you may wanna see if Christian (MoW) is willing to exchange it out to his ESB Girth Belt offering.

Gauntlets - I don't have MinuteFett stuff so I can't speak to it. I have an all Boba Maker armor set, to include Helmet and Jetpack. I've heard many people who have smaller forearms don't like the Boba Maker Gauntlets for just that reason, that the openings are too big. I'm 6'2" and I'd say my forearms are average, I'm definitely NOT a body builder, nor do I have Popeye forearms. But I really like Boba Maker's Gauntlets and decided to keep them. The Boba Maker Gauntlets also make use of Velcro closures. I also used foam that I simply hot glued to my gauntlets, and for the past 2 years and after dozens of troops, I can say it's held up nicely, and holds onto my forearm rather good! Here is what is looks like. My suggestion is to cut the foam out so in a way so that a few inches are not foamed on either end. Your flight suit should cover up the insides and no one will be the wiser....
View attachment 235178
I also make use of metal parts, attached to my right Gauntlet which are Machine Craft Replica's Flame Thrower Nozzles, as well as MCR's Ultra Light Gauntlet Rocket. I used to have a Quest Design Canada Rocket on there, but that pretty heavy (Looked good, but was heavy).

Hopefully this gives you some options to think about.

Best,
-Iron
I have BobaMaker gauntlets that I’m using on my Boba Fett season 2 of the Mandalorian. I honestly don’t even remember trying them on!
The ROTJ ones I have were from Algorithm Props and I’ve padded them similar to you and the weight from the metal parts is significant. I’m 5’11” and 195 and don’t have Popeye arms either. Maybe I need to look at a stiffer foam?
I attached a pic of the certificate from my parts

Attachments

• BD78FFDD-B392-4A48-BA71-4CA4E23772A2.jpeg
    BD78FFDD-B392-4A48-BA71-4CA4E23772A2.jpeg
    763.5 KB · Views: 58
AlphaCloneFett
Cool trick, and something I wouldn't have know or thought to do.
:cool: (y)

Paul A
Nice on the Elstree Gauntlet Rocket grab. Though I have been told that thing is pretty hefty in weight. Again, I'm now rockin' the 0.25 lb....
1679360765756.png

I know my Quest Design Canada Gauntlet Rocket came in at 0.67 lb and I think Elstree is just a touch lower in weight at 0.58 lb.

I know boba87fett had a really nice write up, comparison and review of the Elstree vs Machine Craft Replica's Gauntlet Rockets. (Which is post #20 of this thread: For Sale - ULTRALITE Hero Gauntlet Rockets - MachineCraft ) However, seeing them side by side, my eyes couldn't tell the difference - of course I've only been at this Fett cosplay stuff since 2019. For those who know of boba87fett, I personally consider him to be one of thee foremost authorities on all things Boba Fett. Now, does he possess Yoda knowledge of Boba Fett....I'm not 100% certain, but in my book he's definitely on the Jedi Council (probably Mace Windu level).
;)

-Iron

Last edited:
Just to throw my 2 cents in here: while I've always worried a little about my gauntlets rotating, I did manage to get them to fit fairly tight without the help of added foam. The last time I got suited up, they managed to stay relatively in position, so definitely trim some excess material and get them tighter, it will help quite a bit. Velcro always seems to be a big go-to for the gauntlets though, I'm gonna try out these one-way strips I got that are for cables, have yet to install though. Best of luck getting it all worked out!
Velcro.jpg

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back