New Found gauntlet part

The company just wrote my that despite the first informations they are not able to deliver the old version. :-(
I will continue searching…

On a totally different but kinda related subject, does anyone know what the grey tube part is on the right gauntlet. Sorry for hijacking the thread but i thought it might save me starting a new one and it might also catch the attention of the guys in the know. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20221115_195532.jpg
    20221115_195532.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 91
On a totally different but kinda related subject, does anyone know what the grey tube part is on the right gauntlet. Sorry for hijacking the thread but i thought it might save me starting a new one and it might also catch the attention of the guys in the know. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
As far as I know the exact part has never been found. I've seen some speculate that its part of the bottom of a lighter but that was mostly based on assuming the lighter listed on the ST documents wasn't referring to any other part. Maybe someone will find it someday.

As far as I know the exact part has never been found. I've seen some speculate that its part of the bottom of a lighter but that was mostly based on assuming the lighter listed on the ST documents wasn't referring to any other part. Maybe someone will find it someday.
Thankyou :)

IMG_5985.jpg

RafalFett found some still being made in Argentina. They are not 100% accurate, but pretty close.

IMG_5657 2 Large.jpeg
IMG_5990.jpg
IMG_6019 Large.jpeg

IMG_6028 Large.jpeg
IMG_6043 Large.jpeg

IMG_6047 Large.jpeg

Links:

If you are in the US, this link is the easiest way to purchase them:

Have fun, and don't forget to thank Rafalfett for sharing!

I know it is not the same,it has a slightly curve but i´ll give it a try.
That is a beauty! It has the logo sticker in the right spot! I've only seen that on one other one. Is the sticker set in a depressed area? That's a great find. Even with the curvature. And I think you could maybe fix the curvature. Are you planning to take it apart? If so, post pictures, please. That would be great. I knew there would be old ones surface sooner or later. That one is terrific. Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
Don´t be mad at me but i didn´t do anything, it just fell apart ... i swear ...
right-gauntlet-6.jpg

No joke ... i took a closer look, saw a gap and i got two halfs in my hands.
I will clean it up tomorrow when i got home from work and will detach the sticker. But i doesn´t look like that the sticker is a lower area.
Also i think the owner before me has opened it and broke the connection between the two parts. I think it is normaly fixed with the screw.
(green arrow)
And this thin piece of metal should also be connected to the bottom part. (blue arrow)
right-gauntlet-5.jpg

Hey guys! Happened to stumble upon what I believe to be the true Boba Fett whipcord found part. Firstly, thank you Ord for providing us with a modern era make of the lighter. This helped on my search to locate this. This here is a K-tel Super Sound anti static device. Now, we've seen the piezoelectric gas lighters that are identical in shape. However this one has some details that in my opinion point toward this being the real found part.

1000013065.png

1. This device was used for vinyl record cleaning. As we all know, many components on Boba Fetts costume were made from Turntable related found parts. Not to mention, the era when these were in production matches up, and we're available during the development of the original costumes.

2. The "SUPER SOUND" sticker along the side of the housing. The placement of this sticker / decal matches up with the indentation that can be seen on the PP1/ PP2 and ESB costume. Other modern models do not have this branding sticker, but we've seen some brands that do - however the sticker placement or shape does not match with the costume part.

Unfortunately, this device is extremely rare / nearly impossible to find (as are nearly every other found part nowadays am I right?). This last one to have sold was just a few weeks ago, but the seller and buyer do not want to be bothered as the deal has been finalized. The seller of the item stated it has been DECADES since he last saw one. Hopefully with some determination, we can locate this found part. Happy hunting, fellow Fetts. Now all I can hope to ask, is if this piece is located, I sure would love to see us work together to make identical replicas for everyone to enjoy.

1000013066.jpg

Attachments

• 1000013065.png
    1000013065.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back