My WIP pictures... Pic heavy!

ok here are the pics of the bucket fully painted and the armor just about fully painted (just need to add sealant to it and it will be dun!! while taking the pics noticed something missing..... the dang chest diamond!!! so i have to paint it now B^P to match i should have that finished tomorrow i also noticed i forgot to add stay to one part of the cod so ill have to see if i can fix that tomorrow as well B^P any ways let me know what you all think

o also i ran into a problem today with the T visor.. my Chicago screws are to big!!! they are about twice the size i need and they are the smallest ones they had at home depot!!! anyone have any ideas on how to attach the T visor to the helmet without the screws??? :cry::)cry i need everything finished by this weekend for its debut at the cedar springs block party here in dallas! also want to hit up the convention as well!!! any help would be GREAT!!!

4028188624_4a5d458de5_o.jpg

4027433653_7d607b6015_o.jpg

4027433629_a851c90a25_o.jpg

4028188718_fb168d826e_o.jpg

4027433725_e310ec40c5_o.jpg

4027433805_3a75560a09_o.jpg

4027433755_0178ba8ff0_o.jpg

4028193776_139253a3f2_o.gif

4027433861_5f397e62ae_o.jpg

From what I have seen on the t-visor.com site try 5 minute epoxy all the way around where the t-visor will be joined. Should work out. That is what I am planning on using if I do ever get a t-visor LOL!

Great paint job also vod! Love the overall design and colors!

Looks awesome vod!!!

And on the visor, Tal's correct; 5 minute epoxy works well. (y)

well i got the T visor in...... i should have went with the 1 minute epoxy!!! B^P my arms are killing me and after about 5 attempts and also a mild heart attack when i thought i ruined my visor i finally got it in and sticking! and it dont look to bad, not as good as i really wanted though. THAT was the hardest part so far :p it took me about a good 2 hours to finally get it in and set. i ended up trimming about quarter of an inch off the two ends and that helped out a lot.

anyone know of a good place to get a RF stalk?? preferably hallowed out?? there was a guy on here that was selling aluminum ones but he never returned my PM.. that really sucks kuz he dont live to far from me :(

You know I was thinking about the stem for the range finder but I figured why not and use something else. Go get yourself a Captain Rex helmet; it has the stem and the finder; and you can see through it too LOL! It is up to you. I am planing not going with the range finder rather I am going to do what the clones do when they enter dark places. Put on two lights. That will look good for my helmet. LOL!

welp i had a bit of a small heart attack today while working on finishing up my armor... all i really needed to do to it was seal it all up with a mat clear coat sealer i had... all went well out in the garage till i came back out to check on it and see if it was dry...when i went out there i saw all my armor looked powdery and smoky looking.... I freaked picked it all up and brought it inside under a good light and my heart just sank!!! it all looked ruined again!! i was thinking i was going to have to sand it all down AGAIN and start all over AGAIN! well i thought i would try a couple of things first i got a paper towel damp with rubbing alcohol.. that worked till it died B^P but then i thought i wonder if i try spraying more of the sealer on there if that would work so i tested a small spot and it worked!! i think it messed up because of the humidity here right now... its been raining all dang day! so after getting a lil high on fumes (kuz i sprayed it inside!! he he) the armor was saved but im out of the sealer and still have cod, chest diamond, and back plate to seal up. B^) but that was my adventure for the day!! B^P

a couple of quick questions for you masters out there B^)

first duz the Kama go over or under the butt plate???

Second should the color armor go over or under the back plate armor??

there was a third but i forget what it was B^( any ways any help would be awesome!! thanks guys and gals! B^)

thanks jano!! and everything went well last night...armor wise B^) didnt put on the bucket though kuz it was just at a small party and never got down to the block party B^( the flack vest is about an inch to long but ill have that fixed by this weekend i hope and also haven't finished neckseal or camma...or thigh armor i had sum complications with those. no pics were takin at the party but this weekend should have pics B^)

thanks every one!!! i have a lil more work to do on it but it is just about finished! i still need to find a RF stalk, upgrade the gauntlets, and finish up the thigh armor. kama is being put together and so is the neck seal.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back