My New Style Mando Armour

Thanks BobaFettDaddy we both worked hard on our Mandos. Yours look great also... ;)

Te Tay'haai The through-and-through is a slight discomfort, but you would be amazed how fast you forget about it. But its a great joy when it comes off..... hehe. Im also going to drop the metal sheet the armour is attached too via magnets, for the look Shadow UK has with the industrial valcro system. Cos, i found i could not sit down correctly, so i had to stand, and troop all day on me feet..... But like a true Mando, I did it....

Im not suprised your glad when its off I wouldbe be suprised if a hole Really was in your shoulder after trooping with it...And Just Tay'haai Please It Means "The Archivist" and you wouldnt call anyone "The" Would you? heh

I found that the metal plate that I was using to hold my chest Armour on was very restrictive, and turned out to be more trouble than it was worth. So after a little time and money, I followed Shadow UK's idea and have used valcro.... Also after attaching my chest Armour to my new vest, I was able to heat up the sintra and shape the Armour for a better fit... Collectormania 11 was a great test platform for working out the bugs with the outfit.

Here is 2 pics of how new fitting has turned out.....

New Vest and Armour Fittings.jpg

New Vest and Armour Fittings2.jpg

Well I have had a return email form KOTE and it looks like this Mando will not be trooping as a KOTE member. It seems that the this outfit is fall outside the mark on almost everything apart from its ammo belt. Well I am making a few changes to this outfit. But It would seem that to pass the Mark I would have to do too much to this look just to Troop. I had alway thought that CUSTOM ment just what it said... I am fed up with everything having to be judged but Boba, and the Jango look.

Any changes that I make to this outfit is for comfort and to improve the vision I had for this Sniper Look.

You could say that I'm a little unhappy with the email that I received. After all the hard work made to this outfit. You know these things cost money and time, as you all know.

Don't get me wrong I'm open to comments on my work, but not when it's going to take major re-working just to fit into some kind of level, just to pass.

I just don't understand how wrong my outfit is, at Collectormania 11, I can't count how many good comments I got from none Star Wars people on how good it looked, not to forget the high demand for pics with children and adults alike......

Well my changes to this outfit in the last 2 weeks are for the better.

Well I have had a return email form KOTE and it looks like this Mando will not be trooping as a KOTE member. It seems that the this outfit is fall outside the mark on almost everything apart from its ammo belt. Well I am making a few changes to this outfit. But It would seem that to pass the Mark I would have to do too much to this look just to Troop. I had alway thought that CUSTOM ment just what it said... I am fed up with everything having to be judged but Boba, and the Jango look.

Any changes that I make to this outfit is for comfort and to improve the vision I had for this Sniper Look.

You could say that I'm a little unhappy with the email that I received. After all the hard work made to this outfit. You know these things cost money and time, as you all know.

Don't get me wrong I'm open to comments on my work, but not when it's going to take major re-working just to fit into some kind of level, just to pass.

I just don't understand how wrong my outfit is, at Collectormania 11, I can't count how many good comments I got from none Star Wars people on how good it looked, not to forget the high demand for pics with children and adults alike......

Well custom doesnt mean a crappy costume either, but many seem to believe that they could make something out of cardboard, and because they are custom, it is OK.

Custom means a freedom of imagination.

Psh, that's tough man. :( What was it about the outfit they found so unacceptable? The camo? The cut of the armor plates? I mean it's not like all Mandos have to be the same cookie cutter versions of one of the Fetts. Looking at all of the different Mandalorian armor designs throughout the EU it seems like the only thing some of them have in common is the T-visor.

I can't say just what I was told about my outfit, but lets say that the only thing that seemed to be ok was my ammo belt.... but I'm not letting that end this outfit at all.... Like I also said i'm still making some changes to it, but these changes are more for me than anyone els. And after all this outfit is real work with real material, not carboard or the like....

Anyway onwards and upwards..... ;)

kyram is right, if you look through all the different sorts of mando armor...the T visor is really the only thing that sticks through all the different sets...i think your suit looked great

I wouldn't worry about what other people think or say about your masterpiece. If you are happy with it, then isn't that all that matters? I have always thought that your armor is one of the most individually distinct sets of armor out there. You shouldn't be judged on what others "deem" mando to look like. To me that's just elitism on their part by trying to control your look, but meh...it's their club and not ours eh?

Anyhow, don't let it bring you down...and in the words of Arnold: "To hell with them!"

Thanks Cylrul Pbz, your coment was not taken as a Bash... I was just a little, well more than a little ticked off after some of the things in the email I got, but like you all have said from your comments though out this project, you all like the style and I like the style also, so thans to all of you Wildabeast, NovallTalon, SarlaccBits, and many more... :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back