My New Style Mando Armour

LOL well it's all the Big Man's fault after all for not introducing more Mando's into the on screen Star Wars world...... :D but we love it all the same......
Considering Mandos didn't come around until 15 years after ESB was released... I think all the credit would go to EU and the life and T-Visor of Boba Fett.

Well here is the changed Sniper outift, I have made a lot of changes to this outfit, and it works a lot better now... hope you like it.... the only thing i forgot to add was my side arm, it just stopped raining so it was a mad dash to get the pics before it started raining again... doh.

Enjoy............

Sniper Front Helemt On.jpg

Sniper Front Helemt Off.jpg

Awesome! That's pretty hot man, honestly you've given this suit some really nice upgrades.

You need to send me a new action pose so I can update you =D

Well Darth I have to say I have enjoied reading up on your build.
What a treat and motivator it has been.You desreve a ton of credit for all the hard work you did on a ORGINAL look.
I love you decsion to change up the Mando armor look.,how refreshing.
I dont understand myself why a costuming club like KOTE would say that you armor is not good enough for a custom club.I grantee the public at a costuming event woul dlove to see how orginal your armor looks instead of the same ole Jango and Boba.
Dont get me wrong,those two characters,especially Boba,is why we dream what we dream.
From someone that does not own any armor but plan on building my own design of how I feel my Mandolorian character MIGHT look like,Thank you.
To all the experts that nick pick the trueness of your armor and character please remember that IMGINATION and Creativity is why we spend a huge part of our life to creating a character in a world that isnt real.

I have one question...What is this Snipers name?
AWESOME job sir

Lopero
Fellow Mandolorian across the pond

wow...well said lopero...hey valcar has a fan lollololol....seriously though your right in everything you say...and yeah the kote need to do some serious research lol

I dont understand myself why a costuming club like KOTE would say that you armor is not good enough for a custom club.I grantee the public at a costuming event woul dlove to see how orginal your armor looks instead of the same ole Jango and Boba.

KOTE is not a custom club but a Star Wars Costuming Club in the same mold as the 501st. Our standards are the same as the 501st and include E.U. costumes as well. As to putting standards and restrictions on what is and is not acceptable for KOTE Mando's we have worked hard to ensure that all Mando's that troop with KOTE look like they could've been in the films, and are not considered a lauging stock. Without standards you could see budget Mando's with bad fitting costumes and hidious paint schemes and that would be considered a joke. If you do not agree with our standards then don't attempt to get your mando cleared to troop. If you do put your Mando forward to be cleared and it is rejected, then the reasons why and advice on what needs to be done for it to be cleared will be sent to you in the spirit of friendship. It's then upto you if you follow them or not.

.and yeah the kote need to do some serious research lol

As KOTE's Mando expert and the first custom Mando in the UK I think I have the experiance and have done the research nesasary for the job.

Can I remind EVERYONE that bashing/flaming the 501st would not be tolerated here, the same courtisy should be extended to KOTE and any other costuming group. We all come here to learn, share, advise and assist on Fett and Mando costumes be we KOTE, 501st, Mando Mercs and HV&M members, lets keep it friendly or at least private.

There is nothing wrong with Valcars costume, it simply was not upto KOTE standards at the time he submitted it as he was informed.

just to point out...i wasnt bashing anyone...just pointing out that valcars is one of the best mando's people have seen and that if that isnt up to standard then maybe the standars are too high?

As KOTE's Mando expert and the first custom Mando in the UK I think I have the experiance and have done the research nesasary for the job.

There is nothing wrong with Valcars costume, it simply was not upto KOTE standards at the time he submitted it as he was informed.

Well I would like to say that other members comments are there own. Nothing i have done was to cause any bad comments about KOTE.

I have moved on from the Sniper Rejection... Changes have been made yes, changes I felt needed to be made to improve the look and feel of the outfit.

And I kinda figured you were the Mando expert from comments made in the rejection. Ok so it failed then. How would it stand now, because there is nothing els on the outfit that i plan to change now. ?

Anyhow, once again thanks to all the members that have left comments, all comments have been taken into account while doing this project.

Ok so it failed then. How would it stand now, because there is nothing els on the outfit that i plan to change now. ?

From what I can tell you've made some good improvement. I am not KOTE staff so can not say yes or no, my position as KOTE's expert means I advise only, the command staff of KOTE then make up their own minds accordingly.
If you believe it meets KOTE's criteria then resubmit the required pictures and it will be viewed for clearance.

You may want to use snaps instead of velcro, because you can see all the sewn on velcro behind the armor.
OR you can cut the squares of velcro on your vest to match armor cuts, that way you don't see it.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back