MOW vs CaBoots what do you Senior Members recommend?

Tfett40

Active Hunter
I am currently in the process of getting items for my Boba Fett build. One the next and simplist things I was looking at getting are the boots. I read on threads that the MOW boots run extremely small and the Caboots run big. I just want to make sure I get the right size the first time. I wear a 10.5 wide, if not they are narrow then I generally have to bump up to a size 11. Can you guys share your actual shoe size vs the shoe size you troop in and brand and which one you prefer. Thank You, T

I wear a size 13 shoe and I have a pair of 13 MOW boots and they fit fine.

The newer MOW boots are supposed to be sized appropriately. I bought 2014 MOW boots in an 11, and I wear a 10.5, but due to the odd toe shape it seems to be better a half size bigger.
The CABoots don't look bad, but they are suede, and the sole is kinda thin.
As far as overall shape goes, I'm of the mindset that the actual shape should be somewhere between the two styles...

I have 10.5 sneakers and the size 11 MOW boots feel nice and comfortable. I would recommend the MOW boots because like syllander said the others are suede.

image.jpg
So here is an update. I picked up MOW boots and they are pretty spiffy! Here is my sizing experiance. 95% of the time, I wear a 10.5 wide, especially in running shoes. When I contacted Christian from Man of War, I requested a size 11. He informed me he only had a 11.5 in stock and highly suggested I go with a 11.5 based on my foot size and width. He offered a refund if they did not fit. I was a bit hesitant about going a full size up, but I ordered the 11.5 and glad I did. First off the opening is narrow and was a bit tuff to get my wide hobbit foot in without laces to open up. Once I wiggled my fat toes and foot in, the width was perfect, I think a size 10.5 or 11 might have been to narrow or tight. There was a little more room in the toe box area then I like, so I just added a cushioned athletic insole which took up the perfect amount of space for a nice secure fit. When I compared 3 different pairs of my 10.5 wide running shoes side by side with 11.5 MOW boots, I observed the MOW boots were slightly shorter and narrower. This was my experiance, but hopefully it will help those looking to buy MOW boots and choosing the right size. Thanks Christian for your help and advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
heh.."wide hobbit foot"..that made me laugh lol. Glad it worked out though. I Love my MOW boots and wouldn't give em up for anything!

M.O.W are my choice and I'm in the wait for a pair myself. I looked at the C.A boots and didn't like the swede look ( I've had their TK boots and they were super comfy)
I alway thought that M.O.W boots were more accurate... Looking forward to wearing them?

Nice job on the weathering!!!... Sweet!... I'm glad you created this thread. I was wondering myself which boots to buy. Now I don't have to wonder. Thanks again!

No problem, Master E. I really could not find a thread on which boots to get. But most seems to be leaning towards MOW. I'm very happy with them. I think I'll rock them to Home Depot to start breaking them in.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back