MLC Fett body armors? **First FG pull pics!!** (8/18)

Mardon & si

any idea when the armour will be going ahead for production as im out of the country in august and dont want to miss this great armour :)

I like the idea of the knees made as one unit brillant idea.

Any idea also of shippment costs to the uk?

cheers

neil
uk-scout
starwars20.ico
TB7290
www.uk-scout.co.uk under construction:p
ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
ukscout.gif
smallheaderUKPB2.gif

ukscout-webbanner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Neil,

Mardon will let us know whether it's a go and timescales etc as soon as he can, I'm sure. I am pestering him as I'm desperate for this stuff! :)

As far as missing out. If it's confirmed as a go, payment will be needed pretty much straight away. If it's not confirmed a go before you disappear to Florida, you can send me the money for the armour, then if it's a go while you're away I can send it for you and I'll pay the shipping for yours and we can settle up later. If it's not a go, I'll send the money back to you when you return.

LMK what you think.

As far as shipping cost goes, it'll be at cost and as cheap as we can get it. There are 4 sets confirmed for the UK so it shouldn't be too bad. As soon as there's a price I'll be sure to post it. It depends on weight and we won't know the weight until Mardon has made a set and that won't happen until Mardon gives the green light.

Updates as they happen so watch this space!

Si

::Edited to talk about shipping cost::

It looks like it's a go, people.

Mardon is making one set to send to me (purely in the interests of science) to get a confirmed shipping price. At the moment, it looks like shipping a complete set internationally is going to cost in the region of $50-$60 due to the unusual large shapes (backplate, cod and butt plate) and size. We'll confirm for sure once it's on it's way.

There will also be an element of domestic shipping applicable. This will be done at cost of shipping & packaging cost only. There is no profit in this.

So, watch this space. Should have confirmation of prices within the next week, then it's sign up and pay up time.

Cheers for now,

Si

I might want in on this but I'll have to see if I can swing it money wise. PM me if a deadline is setting in and you need to know. I'll have a better idea on if I can do it or not and on when I'd have the money for it as well. Thanks and keep up the sweet work;)

Vadersfavorite - PM sent

I'm transferring the money to Mardon today. It takes a few days to get through the system, but I hope to have a set in a couple of weeks. We should also have a better idea of an international shipping price too, once it's sent.

Progress reports as and when, so stay tuned!

Si

Welcome back Jesse!

Long story short - it's a go, Mardon is moulding a set for me to check out shipping charges. Once we have these, we'll post prices and take payments. Give us a few days for the money to transfer, a few days to make it and a few to ship and there will be a meaningful update.

Cheers,

Si

I know I'm kinda late for this topic, besides that I'm done with my costume, but looking now for upgrades.

Si, put me down for a set of knees. They look awesome and almost like FP's version. Let me know if I'm still on time.

Robert

Yeah, you're still in plenty of time Robert :)

Your on the list now.

Just waiting for the money for my set to transfer to mardon so he can make them and get a firm shipping price, then we're off.

Updates will be posted here as soon as we have them, so stay tuned!

Si

Si, please add on my list a collar with back armor and the cod with the butt plate. :)

P.S. Can you please post pictures of the shoulder armor??

Thanks

Hi chaps,

Just a quick update/teaser pic of the first pull.

The chest armour has been re-sized a little larger. Pics up later. It is now exactly scaled to the marmit fett, and more accurate for it.

The smaller sized chest armour will still be available for smaller guys, if required.

The back armour has not yet been moulded, there are some final adjustments going on, but there'll be updates posted as soon as they are available.

Here's the pic:

FGarmor[1].1.jpg

Enjoy.

Si

Will the armor fit a 6'2" body? 195lbs? Han Hunter how does it fit you? and what is your size?

Hey OM, I'm 6' about 190 lbs, so pretty similar to you. I have no concerns about the fit. They are scaled up from marmit, and he's pretty accurate to a 6 footer. I don't have a set yet (shipping soon), but you can be sure I'll post pics and a critique as soon as I do.

Si

OK Gang, here are some pics of the pulled armour on a mannequin. The mannequin is 6’ or 6’ 1” tall, to give you an idea of how the armour looks on someone that tall.

The chest armour is the new, re-sized, larger and more accurate, version 2 armour. The original version 1 chest armour is still around for smaller guys and girls.

Collar and back are being pulled very soon (this week) so more updates to follow.

Here are the pics – Enjoy! :

MLCarmor[1].18.jpg

MLCarmor[1].19.jpg

MLCarmor[1].20.jpg

MLCarmor[1].21.jpg

MLCarmor[1].22.jpg

MLCarmor[1].23.jpg

MLCarmor[1].24.jpg

Si

Is there anyway someone can post a pic of this chest armor next to mardon's first armor? I have that version and it is way to small but this may be better.

Oh man! that is lookin good! yeah a set next to the smaller chest armor would be nice, so will the smaller chest armor match up with the collar and backplate piece? just curious

TK Fett and Sithlord. You can see the difference for yourselves. The first pics in the thread have the smaller chest and ab armour, the ones a few posts above this are the new, larger versions.

Slowmo. I'm glad you like the vest. It's one I knocked up for Mardon. He has added a zipper at the back.

Si

Really looking super Mardon!!!The newly sized armour looks top-notch!! can't wait to see more pics!! By the way, if it isn't too late, I'd like to change my order to a full set if possible. (been savin my pennies! :))
Damian

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back