Kal's Custom Mando

Hmmm... well let see I think I have some pictures around here somewhere...

DSCN1853.jpg

DSCN1854.jpg

DSCN1852.jpg

Oh and here's my custom Merr-Sonn Power 5 blaster pistol! I'm so proud of this one... it's coming along really nicely!

DSCN1855.jpg

DSCN1864.jpg

DSCN1866.jpg

DSCN1867.jpg

Waco

Beautiful little pistol there, kal'ika. ;) I think you should do a tutorial on "Wooden Weapons" so I may learn these methods. *force influence* And you should also tell of all your adventures in constructing knee plates so I may once again learn much. :D Keep up the good work!

I see you've already got the reciever done, but I just wanted to let you know that Walmart has Spring powered airsoft M16-Carbines for sell for around $20. They come with a pistol as well. It's a pretty good price for the parts, and the reciever splits from the barrel really easily once you have it apart (I'm not using the walmart version, but the I am using a m16 that looks to be the same mold for some laser tag equipment I'm designing.)

Also I noticed you are in oklahoma (at least part of the time) and you were wanting to do a m16 with nerf power shot parts, have you found any around here? Nerf seems to have discontinued them... I really wanted one for my carbine.

Yeah MiDri I'm still working on that carbine... I acutally have a springer CAR-15 I got at Walmart when I was still stationed in FL. I'm stationed in OKC now, and still working. The Nerf parts are actually from a Nerf Longshot, which still runs right around $30-40 at both Walmart and Toys'R'Us.

Thanks Fallout... as far as that goes, I had decided on a paintjob... and now I'm thinking about doing a different paintjob. lol crazy I know, but I've had plenty of opportunity to change my mind with this.

OK... so I feel bad for neglecting my thread but I've been so busy with orders and work that I've scarcely had time to work on my kit... who'd have thought that those knives would be so popular with the mercs... I've sold a dozen custom mades and close to that many of my standard Waco Fighters. Now, here's the finished A280 Tactical... and I must say it was a bit of a pain.

DSCN1961.jpg

DSCN1964.jpg

DSCN1968.jpg

That being said... I'm not really happy with it. It shoulders fine, and handles well enough with both stock open and closed... however I still want to try to do better work so... I looked at what I have around the house to inspire me... I LOVE the M4 carbine, and still have a junker airsoft version so... I'm going to do some work on it with some powertools, PVC and wood and we'll see how it turns out. That being said I also love the FAL, and the Thompson M1928A1 aka M1A1 aka Tommy Gun just begs to be used as a base design. Not to mention I have a few Nerf RECONs laying around and I was trying to think of something productive for those beasties as well. Anyhow, here's my next ideas for a replacement rifle.

concepts-1.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Waco

yeah... it's also the Nerf mod... which I don't know if I want to mess with it or not, I may try to do a wood build similar... we'll see. The CAR build will start soon tho.

thanks guys, ok... here's word, I may be going away for a while, I should still be able to access the forums but won't be able to work on my kit as I'll be elsewhere... let's just say that I will be proudly wearing Jaing Eyes when I return, because I'll have earned them (literally). So... there will be some slight redesigning, plan on ordering some parts from the mercs to get this kit squared away and of course my magnificent buy'ce from my vod A'den K. Also, there may be some reworking of the weapons on the kit... I have a great idea for a modded EE-3 that may be my "official" piece and the modded AR will be more of a personal, occasional thing.

Hey vode, just a quick how ya doin'... I am leaving for a few months, haven't had money or time to really work on my armor lately so it's not done yet... that being said, I did go out and buy some stuff to finish up the gaunts, so those will be done this week. Also, I have to finish a knife for A'den but can't right now due to the weather. It's so cold that the adhesive literally will not work. I am also working very hard on my weapons trying to get them finished up before I leave but once again, the weather lately has been brutally cold and icy/snowy so not much getting done at the moment. Anyhow, for the following pics, these are just some new updates to the concept front and back (hadn't actually thought much about the back prior to this) as well as a quick sheet to show where a lot of my ideas come from. Hoping some of my vode can give me some good ideas.

Waco
img037.jpg

ConceptSheet.jpg

I HAVE A BUY'CE! It needs a little bit of finishing, but I'm really happy with it. Any comments, I'd love to hear what you've got.

DSCN2008.jpg

DSCN2009.jpg

DSCN2010.jpg

That looks great!!! Now you just have to finish the touch ups and paint :p lol

Btw I was looking through my old sketchbooks and found an almost finished pic of you and fi.. Gotta say it was a facepalm moment lol anyways I'll have it up within the next few days lol I just have to fix a few newer mods on your kit

I'm so happy you like it! Did i screw up any details? I didn't know if Fi had any changes since I drew that but I drew yours from your newest sketch

actually no... Fi's not had any changes other than the cape's gone, replaced with a knee length Kama. Mine however has gone through more changes than I can count. lol

Ok vode... I'm sitting here in my rack before I shut down for the night... thinking of what I might do to my kit. I'm working on this kit, and my ODST kit both simultaneously when I get home, this one of course being the priority. That being said, both kits will be geared toward the same idea. My character is an ALO/TACP type mando'ad. I'm wondering should I go with the heavier medium armor that I have in the above drawing or lighten it up (ditch the thigh/shin plates)? Also what kind of gear mods do you guys think I should look into? Now I know what kind of gear is carried in the real world, I was just wondering if anyone had any inputs as to some in-verse gear to use to give the proper appearance.

Here's the real world list, and the chosen mods if I already have any:

1. M4 Carbine- Blastech/Waco Armory A280 CQB
2. Inter-team Radio
3. UHF Tactical Radio w/ Whip Antenna
4. SATCOM radio
5. Laser Range Finder
6. SOFLAM Laser Target Designator
7. NODs
8. Berretta M9 9mm Handgun- MerrSonn/Waco Armory Custom Power5 or Blastech DE-10 Custom HBAR

Now obviously that's not a comprehensive list but I think it'll be sufficient to distinguish my mando as a JTAC type. This kit's being done to honor the US Air Force's unsung heroes, the JTACs and Combat Controllers who are the USAF's frontline battlefield airmen, as such there's the "official" kit, i.e. the one that I'm going to try to get official through the Mando Mercs, it'll be a lot more in-verse (i.e. grey fatigues and such) but there's going to be an alternate "unofficial" kit that I plan on wearing once or twice, using my ABUs or my desert FDU as the undersuit, with a different set of shoulders with proper markings.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back