Kal's Custom Mando

Yeah, it's still sitting there...with PCC coming up in the next few days it hasnt gotten any work. I'm kinda stressing my shebs over here trying to get some of the other AZ boys finished in time to go...

lol understood. Dude I've been so swamped the last 2 weeks. I've had a REALLY busy work schedule, in fact I was at work 13 hrs today, 12 yesterday and 10 on Friday, and that's the norm lately. Average duty day has been 10-14 hrs the last 2 weeks. I did some work on the blaster rifle this weekend, but I've been so busy haven't had a chance to take any pictures.

Hey guys! I have some pics for ya! Ok vode, here's the progress work on my carbine. Some of you may see it and think... that looks a little odd, is that a hinge there? Well the answer would be ABSOLUTELY! lol Yes I added a HINGED stock! Still working on it, but the idea is a hinged stock with a hook mechanism that I can use to lock it in the open position. So... opinions? Comments? Let me know what you guys think.

DSC_0489.jpg

DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0487.jpg

just a quick update... more work has been done! No pics right yet, I want to let the glue dry and do a bit more fitting to everything before I post those up, but keep an eye out!

Adonian has RETURNED!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzttttt CRACK!! NOW GET TO WORK!!

:lol:

Man is it hard to pay off 10 grand in credit debt... (still got a loooong way to go) and me and the family living at my parents house is REAALLLY stressing the wifey out.

Worse yet.. I have NO room to do anything Mando related, so I will be her just to hang out and give advise.

I'll check in every few days.

@ Jango: Thanks ner vod! It's slow but it's going to be quite nice when finished... I THINK
@Adonian: Easy with the whip ner vod! I'm still working! lol I know the feeling on the other subjects tho... we had to live with my folks for 6 months between school and active duty, and we owed/owe a lot thanks to school and other such necessary expenses. Speaking of which...

Unfortunately the real world is kicking my shebs right now... I've been on those nice long 12-16 hr days for the last several weeks. Flying A LOT, and trying to get ready to go get into this fight we've got going right now. The wife's going back to school for her RN, so I'm having to pay for that and have lost some of my budget for the armor (because it ain't coming out of the gun fund) lol. I have ALMOST everything built/resined... need to do some bondo work on it and get it painted, plus I'm looking into soft parts AND... building my blasters on the weekends. Will be out of touch next week, got some military stuff I have to go do, but I'll get back to work when I get home. Promise.

Kal

I wouldn't expect anything less than the best from you, and I plan on catching up to you guys soon.

I'm gonna go look for Levi.

well bad news vode. My gaunts and shins were left in the floor of the garage when I went on TDY last week. We got record rainfall in the OKC area and my garage got a lil wet. Long story short, gaunts and shins were ruined. I guess it's back to step 1 on those.

quick update... The Rifle is almost finished. I have just a few small finishing touches to get done and it'll be ready to paint. Also, I have a custom made combat knife that's ready to prime and paint. I made it myself, it's a wooden knife and I'm actually so proud of how it turned out I'm thinking about offering my services making these things. I made mine in the span of a week, and my wife said it looks vicious. I'll post some pics of both the rifle and the knife this evening.

Ok vode, here's the pics I promised... first up is the combat knife, just because I'm so freaking proud of it. I'm actually thinking about offering my services making custom knives for fellow mando'ade. What do you guys think?

One of the Knife by itself, one of it in my hand for scale purposes. It has a 5.5 inch blade, with a bolo recurve for a heavier front end (more forceful thrusts and slashes) and a partially sereated blade. All safely dulled and rounded of course since this is a prop.

DSCN1691.jpg

DSCN1689.jpg

now for the carbine. The stock is not attached yet, that's why it looks so darn long. The stock tube will actually fit up inside of the buttstock itself when finished. It was deliberately done with a slightly Verpish design. Also, the white piece of PVC is the forearm that will cover all of the random pieces that are glued under the barrel. The muzzle has a properly dulled strike face with an oval shaped emitter.

DSCN1687.jpg

DSCN1688.jpg

Thssssssssss Nice progress, Took a year, but Nice progress, I've Pretty much scraped everything and started over EXCEPT MY GAUNTLET PLANS, and one shoulder, for some reason, I can't find the other one, Yeah So I've been gone for a year, what about it

Sorry bout the double post, but Kal'ika, How much would i have too pay you too buy me a Surplus BDU? and Molle Vest, I feel like doing that instead of flak vest

umm... well we don't have BDUs anymore, we get the ABUs now and that's all they have in the BX, which I cannot buy for you. I could get in trouble for that. As for a MOLLE vest, we actually can't buy those here. I have to order my stuff online just like everyone else. I recommend www.cheaperthandirt.com... which has BDUs as well.

Ooooooo Funz, Its because The Cost for surplus uniforms in canada are outrageous unless you ship online, and then shipping in canada for surplus uniforms is ridiculous, I think i might just buy from an Airsoft shop, because for some apparrent reason the surplus for uniforms clock at either 30-50 and molle vests are like 50

yeah actually it's about the same everywhere I guess. Our BDUs were $30 a set when we had those, the new uniforms run about $60 a set, and that's for US to buy them, I don't wanna know what they run surplus.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back