INTEREST MPP Tube Copys

I've got some PDF's and a CAD file... to which I could make a more accurate version if anyone with a real copy is willing to send me info? (y)

I have made some initial enquires about making these, and have an original to work from. I am able to get everything replicated down to the lettering, some of which is created after the plating process. Also, they would be the same materials, brass and then plated from memory. I did also want to put the thread on the bottom too, which was possible. I am sure they came out at a pretty decent price too. It came to a stand still as I was working on the replica harness project. Will see what's what and report back to see if you guys are interested.

Rob.

(y) (y)

THX

I have made some initial enquires about making these, and have an original to work from. I am able to get everything replicated down to the lettering, some of which is created after the plating process. Also, they would be the same materials, brass and then plated from memory. I did also want to put the thread on the bottom too, which was possible. I am sure they came out at a pretty decent price too. It came to a stand still as I was working on the replica harness project. Will see what's what and report back to see if you guys are interested.

Rob.

Very cool. Let's get this rolling guys. I need one. :D

We should also start a new thread with the new folks working on this.

If you're really hard pressed for one the custom saber shop sells a beautiful replica of them for a cool $150.00. WOW! That's the entire flash tube with all the parts you would then take off and just put in a drawer... not cheap!

If you're really hard pressed for one the custom saber shop sells a beautiful replica of them for a cool $150.00. WOW! That's the entire flash tube with all the parts you would then take off and just put in a drawer... not cheap!

Just sell the extra parts. There are plenty of saber builders.
IMO it's not worth replicating again unless they're under $100.

Any quick updates on this? Chalk this up to just me speaking out loud, but I can probably speak for the moral majority in saying that this could be more valuable in order of project priority as it's a hard part to find and quite a visible one at that on the the ESB rifle. (y)

I'm probably off this list. I'm getting good results from WOF's template and a 1½" sink drain tailpipe. *heh* Got impatient and decided I'd try that route.
]
--Jonah

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back