How I dye my flame thrower tubes

Very coo! After leaving mine in a bath of strong dark coffee for days and having no effect, I got lazy and just used brown spray paint sprayed onto both open ends on the inside, and I achieved a decent fade. I'm pretty impatient though so that worked for me hah.

Fettacini
I also had heard that the coffee bath usually did the trick - and is what I did. I go the idea from Boochman when I saw his mixture of coffee and tea.....

Pic of Boochman's Concoction. :)
Boochman's Hoses.jpeg

For mine, I got a "Traveler" from Starbucks of Pike Place Roast and dumped it into a plastic bin.
Starbucks Traveler and Staining Bin.jpg

I set my cords into the bath and three days later came out with this....
Gauntlet Hoses.jpg

I took that pic next to the new roll to show how much it changed. Once I pulled it out of the bath I dried it off and no brown was evident on the paper towel - which would indicate that it could be rubbed off. Nope, it was indeed stained permanently on the cords! I followed up with a few mists of dark brown and black with my airbrush and was able to achieve what I thought to be a great effect!
Right Gauntlet.jpg

And here is me fully suited up....
Fett - Facing away from Sunset.JPG

Fett - Bring it on.JPG

Fett - Taking Aim.JPG

Gauntlet Pic.JPG

....Just my two cents anyway.

Thanks,
-Iron

Last edited:
Awesome video man ;). Unrelated but I also noticed your scooter videos, I would certainly love to own a Lambretta one day :D.
Cheers man, 3 things I love the most (apart from family of course), fishing, classic Italian scooters and Boba Fett.... I'm going to custom a scooter in Boba colours soon....maybe go fishing on it lol, boom, all 3 passions in one

Fettacini
I also had heard that the coffee bath usually did the trick - and is what I did. I go the idea from Boochman when I saw his mixture of coffee and tea.....

Pic of Boochman's Concoction. :)
View attachment 209773

For mine, I got a "Traveler" from Starbucks of Pike Place Roast and dumped it into a plastic bin.
View attachment 209766

I set my cords into the bath and three days later came out with this....
View attachment 209767

I took that pic next to the new roll to show how much it changed. Once I pulled it out of the bath I dried it off and no brown was evident on the paper towel - which would indicate that it could be rubbed off. Nope, it was indeed stained permanently on the cords! I followed up with a few mists of dark brown and black with my airbrush and was able to achieve what I thought to be a great effect!
View attachment 209768

And here is me fully suited up....
View attachment 209769
View attachment 209770
View attachment 209771
View attachment 209772

....Just my two cents anyway.

Thanks,
-Iron
Superb mate

Cheers man, 3 things I love the most (apart from family of course), fishing, classic Italian scooters and Boba Fett.... I'm going to custom a scooter in Boba colours soon....maybe go fishing on it lol, boom, all 3 passions in one
Haha awesome man :D, love it. I’d be lying if I hadn’t thought of that idea, would absolutely love to see a custom Boba paint job on a 60s scooter. Gotta love it all right, the music the style of that area, is the totally my style.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back