Hot Toys 1/4 scale Fett--repaint

When I first saw this figure a while back I thought "Wow that looks amazing, finally a ROTJ Fett, I would love this"
Now seeing you take it that step further than that awesomeness and add your attention to detail and great paint job has stepped it beyond awesome.
This is how it should have been from the start.... (y)(y)(y)(y)

One question for you...

Did it make you feel like a giant painting a small set of armor:lol:

Thanks again. :) Rubio, I agree with the "Meh. . ." part of your reply. :lol:

Boba is reassembled and resting comfortably after his ordeal. He was kind enough to pose for some pics for all the
crazy Fett heads out there. First, a couple of overall shots.

IMG_3942_zpsafs3qdzz.jpg

IMG_3962_zpsesjff5rq.jpg

Some closer views showing some of the new details. Let's begin with. . . the helmet! Big surprise, right?

IMG_3952_zpsamqwy5cf.jpg

IMG_3964_zpsdvdqvzkt.jpg

Here are some shots of the chest and abdomen armor. I tried to get lighting that would show the misting passes
which built the color up slowly over a lighter base. Some of the faded looking spots were done with colored pencils,
and the spatter was applied by flicking an old toothbrush with thinned flat black. However, I did actually go back with
a very fine brush (18/0) and dot in some of the more prominent spatter--especially on the lower half of the right chest piece.

IMG_3950_zpsihxrwwze.jpg

IMG_3954_zpsybwblpor.jpg

IMG_3959_zpstgxd6bjz.jpg

I just realized I didn't really get a close up of the right gauntlet. But here's the left one.

IMG_3948_zpsvpuiueyu.jpg

IMG_3960_zpsnl5xg8y0.jpg

On to the yellow armor parts. Here's a closer look at the shoulders.

IMG_3958_zpsltcxgfdr.jpg

IMG_3965_zpscrorywtz.jpg

Finally, the knee armor.

IMG_3946_zpsof9qkssy.jpg

IMG_3981_zpspa66wac7.jpg

IMG_3961_zps4bfka28a.jpg

So that's it, kids! :) I think Hot Toys really created an amazing 1/4 scale figure. I just wanted it to look more like I picture
the ROTJ version. This was extremely challenging and a ton of fun to do. Thanks for following the progress, and even as
a "stock" figure, I highly recommend this piece.

I'm going to post a complete photo gallery including several more shots on my Facebook page, CounterFett Creations:
https://www.facebook.com/CounterFett-Creations-1454779188105078/?ref=hl
HA The eye visor on this particular Boba Fett figure isn't right, it's too big of an opening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi jrsjr81,
Yeah, there are several inaccuracies in the actual sculpt, not only limited to the helmet. I've seen a few of these
discussed on the 1/4 scale Hot Toys Fett thread over on the Sideshow Freaks forums. For example:
1) The shapes of the chest armor panels are a bit off
2) The angles on the different planes of the gauntlets are too sharp.
3) The RF has the "Polaroid" lens like on the ESB helmet. It's not supposed to be there.
4) Several people are under the opinion that the body itself is too bulky, not representing Jeremy Bulloch's very slim physique.

But overall, it's a terrific figure. I just wanted it to be a closer representation of the ROTJ color scheme. (y)

Hi jrsjr81,
Yeah, there are several inaccuracies in the actual sculpt, not only limited to the helmet. I've seen a few of these
discussed on the 1/4 scale Hot Toys Fett thread over on the Sideshow Freaks forums. For example:
3) The RF has the "Polaroid" lens like on the ESB helmet. It's not supposed to be there.
4) Several people are under the opinion that the body itself is too bulky, not representing Jeremy Bulloch's very slim physique.

But overall, it's a terrific figure. I just wanted it to be a closer representation of the ROTJ color scheme. (y)

Also the wookie braids are ESB and has 2 extra shin tools. But speaking about paint... YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB!

Hi jrsjr81,

I didn't mean to sound like an ass. By looking at your pictures of the new paint job you gave your Boba Fett figure here it looks like the color scheme on the cheeks of the mask is from Empire and not Jedi. You did do an excellent job of redoing this hot toys figure! :)

Thanks. :) The overall helmet color scheme is pretty similar to the ESB helmet. But the specific color palette is
different, as well as the damage patterns.

Thanks. :) The overall helmet color scheme is pretty similar to the ESB helmet. But the specific color palette is
different, as well as the damage patterns.
My favorite Boba Fett helmet is the ESB hero helmet. It's wider and the color scheme around the cheek area of the mask is better/more pronounced than it is in ROTJ.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back