Holiday Special rattle can color help

JSmails

Hunter
Hey,

I’m scratch building a holiday Fett helmet and I am wondering what rattlecan colors have been used in the past?

Most pics I’ve seen of Life Day Fett from
Con’s etc. are too blue. Really blue. On screen caps the helmet looks more grey.

I prefer to use the lunch box from Celebration for the colors. I think they are closest to what I see when I’ve watched the special.

So what is correct? Any help?

Thanks.

I did one of these a while back, in ESB weathering
My colors were Rustoleum French Blue (top coat), Wildflower Blue (chipped paint underlayer), and Brilliant Blue (cheeks).

I really liked how the French Blue topcoat came out, I feel it matches that greyish blue pretty well, so definitely consider that one. The Brilliant Blue cheeks were quite a bit more saturated than I wanted though and I'd choose something else if I did it again. If you're going for the purely two-tone cartoon styling then the Wildflower Blue i used as the underlayer might work for the cheeks, it was pretty much a shaded version of the French Blue top layer, but you may be able to find something else even closer though.

All are gloss colors though so you'll have to clearcoat flat.

Thanks for the reply. I saw your helmet paintup post. Really cool.

I’m going straight cartoon.

You are correct, that French blue is really close to the lunch box blue.

It’s really hard because there are so many different “blues” throughout the show. No consistency. Here is a photo of my TV of the cartoon playing off YouTube. It’s WAY more blue.

311671B0-8E99-4523-ABFB-08A79E111D23.jpeg

But I imagine LFL had something to do with the lunch box at Celebration and they’d know the “actual” colors used before color corrections and deteriorations and different TV settings. The blue helmet on my TV there seems way too blue. I think it’s a scene when he’s indoors, so it’d explain the darker blue as the scene is darker. The outdoor scenes are much closer to the blue in your helmet.

Thanks for the help!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back