Metal ears help

Hi everyone,

I’m at the point of fixing a set of metal ears to my helmet (all MinuteFett) and I’m having a bit of trouble with the upper right hand side ear.

Two screws go in the red areas to connect the faceplate, and in the top and bottom of the inner ear (blue areas) to attach the upper ear to the helmet.

5E0B14B4-85CF-432A-B264-E2E231A6EFB2.jpeg
5E0B14B4-85CF-432A-B264-E2E231A6EFB2.jpeg

The problem is, if I use the two red screws to attach the faceplate first, then I can’t get to the blue screws to attach the hole thing to the helmet.

If I do the two blue screws first to attach to the helmet, I can’t access the red screws to attach the faceplate.

Just wondering how anyone else has tackled this?

1) insert the blue screws first
2) then place the stalk in,
3) put the faceplate on, so that the blue do not fall out of place.
4) insert the large hex nut/screw for the stalk - (this also holds the faceplate on)
5) Then screw in the red from the backside
6) Then put assembly on the helmet and secure the blue to the helmet with the appropriate nuts

you can also put holes in the helmet where the faceplate screws go if you want to do it that way.

1) insert the blue screws first
2) then place the stalk in,
3) put the faceplate on, so that the blue do not fall out of place.
4) insert the large hex nut/screw for the stalk - (this also holds the faceplate on)
5) Then screw in the red from the backside
6) Then put assembly on the helmet and secure the blue to the helmet with the appropriate nuts

you can also put holes in the helmet where the faceplate screws go if you want to do it that way.
Thank you. I literally had a brainwave a millisecond after posting and realised I could just put holes in the helmet to secure the faceplate screws from inside the helmet so that’s what I did.

I wanted to get everything on before I tackle the weathering so I can do it as one piece and keep it consistent. I’ll have to take the right ear apart down the line as I’ve got a wireless servo kit on order.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back