EE-3 Blaster kits

Barcode

Hunter
Does anyone have any advice on what kit to buy and from whom for a pretty accurate resin ESB EE-3? Being new to all things Boba I dont yet have a good grasp on what is from where etc. Thanks =]

Hyperfirm EE-3 - Rubber based
Sidewinder EE-3 - resin
Stormrider EE-3 - resin
Bronze Webley EE-3 - theres a for sale thread right now in the cargo hold.

These are the majority of the options

Barcode - you can click on a member's name and send them a message if you need to inquire about anything. That is what most do until they can post in the Cargo Hold. Good luck!

Hyperfirm EE-3 - Rubber based
Sidewinder EE-3 - resin
Stormrider EE-3 - resin
Bronze Webley EE-3 - theres a for sale thread right now in the cargo hold.

These are the majority of the options
Rubber based? i wonder how accurate that may be… that must be really light for trooping and such...

stormrider also makes a rubber version. 100% accurate webley, greebs, mounts and rings, just like his resin version and you can drop it and it will just bounce back up to you lol ok maybe not back up to you but you dont have to worry about it shattering thats for sure.

Sent from my R2 unit

We should get side by side comparisons of all guns. Especially interested in a side by side of stormriders rubber ee-3 and Lewis'

Hyperfirm will be likely be the lightest but they are not very accurate. Passable for sure, but if your looking for as accurate as you can get, stormrider, sidewinder, or MLS are the way to go.

I dont have one of Stormriders rubber EE-3's....yet,...lol... but i think they will be the best out there when it comes to accuracy in a rubber based blaster. I dont know how the weight would compare to hyperfirm though as they have some proprietary rubber/foam, supposedly, but i think Stormriders will be a great choice if he does more rubber ones.

Generally speaking i think Stormrider Sidewinder and MLS have comparable blasters. They all use real guns as the base. So the differences are very little visually. I think the barrel mounts are the biggest differences between them all, and even that isnt much.

Hyperfirm will be likely be the lightest but they are not very accurate. Passable for sure, but if your looking for as accurate as you can get, stormrider, sidewinder, or MLS are the way to go.

I dont have one of Stormriders rubber EE-3's....yet,...lol... but i think they will be the best out there when it comes to accuracy in a rubber based blaster. I dont know how the weight would compare to hyperfirm though as they have some proprietary rubber/foam, supposedly, but i think Stormriders will be a great choice if he does more rubber ones.

Generally speaking i think Stormrider Sidewinder and MLS have comparable blasters. They all use real guns as the base. So the differences are very little visually. I think the barrel mounts are the biggest differences between them all, and even that isnt much.

Didn't know the Hyperfirm wasn't accurate. The pictures I have seen look ok. interesting.

Yea... the barrel mounts are wrong, the breech disc is the old, incorrect pulley wheel, the V-8 arm is mounted to angled, the AM plugs on the stock are the larger, incorrect ones and the square center stock greeblie is just a square with a mesh in it. Now all of that said its not BAD it looks good over-all but it could be alot better.

Supposedly they are working on a new one that is more accurate but i havent seen anything as of yet.

Great thread and info!! Especially since I was considering a Hyperfirm.

I was trying to find a pic of one but i cant seem to find one.

By all means they still are very nice, and im not saying they are "bad" per say, they just could be more accurate. Only us Fettheads would notice those differences i mentioned. They are however, very light weight and durable.

I was trying to find a pic of one but i cant seem to find one.

By all means they still are very nice, and im not saying they are "bad" per say, they just could be more accurate. Only us Fettheads would notice those differences i mentioned. They are however, very light weight and durable.

Roger that. I'm following. But I have the tendency to always try to be as accurate as possible so if there's a more accurate option out there....I tend to lean that way. Thanks again for the advice!

Rubber isnt as light as you might think...FOAM Rubber and actual rubber...like hyperfirm uses are not the same...its hard like a tire. Its heafty. Stormriders rubber is foam filled so not the same idea...its LIGHT.

here's a picture of Stormrider's full rubber version. like F4R said, Mike's are very light.

Sent from my R2 unit

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456360225.135994.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
MLS sells a rubber EE3 version as well for RoTJ I believe. Its built specifically for trooping to be lighter than normal versions.

square center stock greeblie is just a square with a mesh in it.
That is incorrect Hyperfirm has updated this piece by purchasing the one that I offer (which was confirmed upon asking Lewis but I haven't receive any resolution from him) & using it on there molds without asking my permission. So this piece is more correct in my opinion. Per the attached photo from their website with a close up of the piece from my sales thread.

HFx Productions_Blaster_7-18-2015_Edit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back