Dark Side's Jetpack Beacon attachment question.

DarthVader1

Well-Known Hunter
For those who owns one of "Dark Side" metal pieces, namely the Jetpack BEACON, I have a question for you:

His beacon is the most accurate as I've seen, and it's hollowed to be able to fit a light inside...but, there's only one draw; since the top and the rest of the body are different materials, they come apart, and they don't screw to each other, like the screw underneath, having the top loose the whole time.

What's the best way to attach two metal pieces permanently? Which glue or adhesive to use without leaving any traces or residue like the "crazy glue" does, or messy glue streaks or drips such as Gorilla Glue? I probably know the right answer... EPOXY, but which one, specially for metals???

If you're worried about excess material after joining, super glue you could scrape off with a sharp blade (like a razor or X-acto knife) since your parts are metal. I have my parts joined with a bit of JB Weld (epoxy) which had the added benefit of being able to clean up with a moist paper towel before it dried completely. Either way, after weathering a bit you shouldn't be able to tell the parts were ever separate.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back