bzb's ESB Build

Definitely! I learned a while back that having a build thread helps the GML get your suit approved, but also can help others :)

How is the weather where you are doing your painting? I have had a tough time with all clear coats when it is cold out. I have ended up setting up an air tight paint booth in my house and painting inside. It stinks and makes the wife angry but I have far less problems that way. From my experience rustolem clear coat is weird. Make sure you read the can on dry cure and re-coat?clear coat times. I have found that often the rustolem plastic paint has to be re-coated or clear coated with in an hour of original application, and if you do not get it done in that time frame you must wait several days for a full cure. I repainted a set of Tie Pilot armor at lest 6 times before I read the cans :facepalm

"Room temperature" in my garage is around 65 degrees lately. My house is pretty well insulated, thankfully! Actually, I believe the "frosting" or "fogging" effect from the Valspar (which I've heard is a common issue) was due to too much humidity, of all ridiculous things. The joys of living in Georgia.

However, I ended up using the Testors Dullcote, and it worked perfectly. Photos will be incoming as soon as I finish up the ears, but I'm incredibly happy with the finish now.

Oh yeah I didn't even think about humidity, I live in the dry dry dry state of Idaho. But my uncle lives in GA and I can for sure see how that would be a problem! I am striking against enamel paints fot the winter. All acrylic or nothing!!! Good to hear that the testors worked out well I am looking froward to seeing the pictures!

Before and After the Dullcote (well, and adding scratches).

beforeafterFett_zps2lozpssr.jpg

Had my first troop in Fett this weekend. The mod I did to the neck seal (sewed t-shirt material behind the velcro) needs another mod... the corner really digs into my collar bone. Other than that, very successful first run and I got quite the compliments on the build and my apparent swagger in the costume :D

Here's a photo of me at Ath-Con with Kathleen, one of our new cadets in Georgia that I helped with her Legacy Stormtrooper build.

390496b0-435d-4e76-9c32-28c40cd97fa8_zpspotqedoz.jpg

Haha, awesome! He and his wife were insanely nice, and such a treat to talk with.

The photo above was a result of that serviceman coming and grabbing us because he wanted a pic with Corey and Jeremy. Corey is local, so we're trying our best to get him to suit up in something and come to some stuff with us :)

Excellent work! Your thread along with the many other build threads I've seen are giving me quite the confidence boost to paint my own armor when i get around to ordering it!!!!

Jetpack is finished!

Got decal from Scott Lucks. Paint was all rattlecan, got some advice on blackwash (I mean... brownwash!) from some folks. DVH/Lou's jetpack is a good bit larger than the Man of War, but it's so super wonky, it looks great to me. Lots to touch up on it, but worth it in the end.

I commissioned a leather belt, because I'm not super happy with the pleather/vinyl/whatever it is of the MOW belt. After that, I'm ready to rock.

Love my blinky beacon, though :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back