ASOK CC ESB build

Beautiful looking lid my friend! (y)(y)(y)

thanks! I'm up to the stenciling/decals at the moment. Having a lot of problems with the D and V on the right ear and the double E s on the left ear. any ideas? I'm using some decadry no 8 dry transfers 6mm. They look a little small though....

thanks! I'm up to the stenciling/decals at the moment. Having a lot of problems with the D and V on the right ear and the double E s on the left ear. any ideas? I'm using some decadry no 8 dry transfers 6mm. They look a little small though....

The original decals were made with Letraset Dry Transfer and the font name is Folio Bold Condensed around 7.6mm (28pt font size in any text editor). Read more here ==> Letraset Dry Transfer Font - Folio Bold Condensed; at the end of the first post you can find a letraset replica file in PNG format (set to transparency) and if you can print this out on transparent, sticky sheets, then you will have your own 'letraset' decals. You can check out this thread too ==> All Boba Fett Helmet Decals

By the way, that helmet looks better and better!

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the 'D' and the 'V' - exactly what Raf (a.k.a. Captain Precision ;)) said. If you cant get the right font in transfers, you could always paint them on exact...

As far as the 'D' and the 'V' - exactly what Raf (a.k.a. Captain Precision ;)) said. If you cant get the right font in transfers, you could always paint them on exact...

Captain Precision...

images.jpg

The original decals were made with Letraset Dry Transfer and the font name is Folio Bold Condensed around 7.6mm (28pt font size in any text editor). Read more here ==> Letraset Dry Transfer Font - Folio Bold Condensed; at the end of the first post you can find a letraset replica file in PNG format (set to transparency) and if you can print this out on transparent, sticky sheets, then you will have your own 'letraset' decals. You can check out this thread too ==> All Boba Fett Helmet Decals

By the way, that helmet looks better and better!

Man! you are incredible! I always thought the dry transfers were woodland scenics, but I think you are spot on with the Letraset! Anyway, I decided to use your templates as a guide, and used my existing dry transfers on some clear decals to make up the shapes. I then cut the decal out and placed them in position. Not perfect, but good enough for me...

It looks good, just do some fine weathering by scratching the letters with a sharp object (needle, knife or whatever tool you have) and you're good to go with those ear. Excellent job so far!

OK, I'm calling this finished. Here is my interpretation of the Screen Used ESB helmet!
IMG_5251.JPGIMG_5252.JPGIMG_5253.JPGIMG_5254.JPGIMG_5255.JPGIMG_5256.JPGIMG_5257.JPGIMG_5258.JPGIMG_5263.JPGIMG_5266.JPGIMG_5267.JPG
Thanks to all on the forum for the support, encouragement and advice!

IMG_5258.JPG

Wow Dinky! You have done an incredible job mate! Your first paint up is amazing! Few could say there first helmet is this good! I have really enjoyed watching this thread and it has been a great inspiration for me. (y) Well done bro! And... whats next?! ;)

Wow Dinky! You have done an incredible job mate! Your first paint up is amazing! Few could say there first helmet is this good! I have really enjoyed watching this thread and it has been a great inspiration for me. (y) Well done bro! And... whats next?! ;)

Thanks! It's been fun. I'm not sure about what's next. I've done a Vader and a Stormtrooper already... I might think about a SuperTrooper, but for now I'm gonna take a little break. I look forward to seeing your's finished!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back