All Boba Fett Helmet Decals

RafalFett

Well-Known Hunter
I had this in work for some time, but every time I wanted to finish these files, I was derailed by my other projects. But the time has come and I was able to finish all these decals for each version of the Boba Fett helmet. Each version has a preview image (JPG), a color separation file (PDF in A4 and Letter sizes) and a transparent file (PNG in A4 and Letter sizes).
Note that the Sandy killstripe is not 100% accurate in lack of good reference images and the last six stripes are inverted and modified Pre-Pro #2 stripes.

----------------------------------------------
Update 07-03-2012
Replaced all PDF files because it didn't contained the actual color separation pages. Added an ear compare image for the Pre-Pro #3.
Also added an image with all the helmet decal positions.

Update 15-03-2012
Due to the fact that I'm in the process of redoing the Pre-Pro #2 helmet stencils (never really liked the old version), I also redid/modified the killstripes. All the Pre-Pro #2 files were replaced.

On to the images and files:

PreProduction #1 version 1
PP1 v1 Helmet Decals.jpg

Color Separation
View attachment Pre-Pro #1 v1 Helmet Decals A4.pdf
View attachment Pre-Pro #1 v1 Helmet Decals LTR.pdf

Pre-Pro #1 v1 Helmet Decals A4.png Pre-Pro #1 v1 Helmet Decals LTR.png

PreProduction #1 version 2
PP1 v2 Helmet Decals.jpg

Color Separation
View attachment Pre-Pro #1 v2 Helmet Decals A4.pdf
View attachment Pre-Pro #1 v2 Helmet Decals LTR.pdf

Pre-Pro #1 v2 Helmet Decals 02 A4.png Pre-Pro #1 v2 Helmet Decals 01 A4.png Pre-Pro #1 v2 Helmet Decals 02 LTR.png Pre-Pro #1 v2 Helmet Decals 01 LTR.png

PreProduction #2
PP2 Helmet Decals.jpg

Color Separation
View attachment Pre-Pro #2 Helmet Decals A4.pdf
View attachment Pre-Pro #2 Helmet Decals LTR.pdf

Pre-Pro #2 Helmet Decals A4.png Pre-Pro #2 Helmet Decals LTR.png

PreProduction #3
PP3 Helmet Decals.jpg

Color Separation
View attachment Pre-Pro #3 Helmet Decals A4.pdf
View attachment Pre-Pro #3 Helmet Decals LTR.pdf

Pre-Pro #3 Helmet Decals A4.png Pre-Pro #3 Helmet Decals LTR.png

Note that the Pre-Pro #3 helmet originally had unpainted ears (same way as the Pre-Pro #1 and all the Sandy helmets). Possibly Joe Johnston painted the ears, but this version didn't had any decals except the painted curves on both ears. Later they added the letraset characters on both ears.

PP3 Ear Compare.jpg

Sandy
Sandy Helmet Decals.jpg

Color Separation
View attachment Sandy Helmet Decals A4.pdf
View attachment Sandy Helmet Decals LTR.pdf

Sandy Helmet Decals A4.png Sandy Helmet Decals LTR.png

Empire Strikes Back
ESB Helmet Decals.jpg

Color Separation
View attachment ESB Helmet Decals A4.pdf
View attachment ESB Helmet Decals LTR.pdf

ESB Helmet Decals A4.png ESB Helmet Decals LTR.png

Return Of The Jedi
ROTJ Helmet Decals.jpg

Color Separation
View attachment ROTJ Helmet Decals A4.pdf
View attachment ROTJ Helmet Decals LTR.pdf

ROTJ Helmet Decals A4.png ROTJ Helmet Decals LTR.png

I made this file to help you to place all the decals on all 6 Boba Fett versions, but also as a comparison between each helmet type.

All Boba Fett Helmet Decals.jpg

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a machine. Those look great. Thanks for all the hard work you have done on these and other files. I know many people will put them to good use including me.

Most excellent!!! I sure could have used all your updated stencils about a month ago before I started painting my bucket lol, I guess there's always the second helmet- we just wont mention that one to wife just yet lol

You are a machine. Those look great. Thanks for all the hard work you have done on these and other files. I know many people will put them to good use including me.

Thanks for the kind words!

Most excellent!!! I sure could have used all your updated stencils about a month ago before I started painting my bucket lol, I guess there's always the second helmet- we just wont mention that one to wife just yet lol

Thanks! At least you learned a lot from painting your first helmet and this experience will help you a lot on the next paint job.

Nice work as usual Raf.
Quick question though. How can I make them into a decal??

Thanks, Phantom! You can use vinyl sheets (or outdoor adhesive-backed white vinyl - waterproof vinyl sheet) and use it with your printer. Here is a DIY ==> Make Your Own Decals.
There's also a special heat transfer paper that can be used to print transparent (and non transparent) images and then transfer them to T-shirts, mousepads, gift bags and more. This might work too... or not. Here's Rich D.'s thread as an example ==> Rich D.'s Baby Fett Project.

I hope it helps!

All the PDF files in the first post were replaced with new files which now contains the actual color separation pages that were missing in the first version. I also added a Pre-Pro #3 ear comparison image with all 3 versions: the unpainted, the painted but no letraset and the final version, painted and with letraset decals.

I certainly did learn quite a bit, even with my extreme limitations, Im still very happy with the way my helmet turned out, Ill be sure utilize all Ive learned on future projects. Thanks again for your hard work.

Replaced in the first post the Boba Fett helmet variants image with a refined one.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the Pre-Pro #2 helmet decal files in the first post were updated due to the fact that I'm replacing the Pre-Pro #2 helmet stencils with a better and a more accurate version.

These are awesome! Has anyone used a professional print shop? If I decide to go with these I would want something higher quality than my cheap little printer.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back