01Hawk WIP : Supertrooper

If any of you have RKD armor, no mere man can smack you and crack it...just saying. That armor is drunken meathead proof! Plus im pretty sure you could roll down a concrete 35ft hill and not damage it LOL!

That said, i use the bolt method, and have had people smack me and all that "meat-head" jazz and i never had any issues with my armor breaking or anything negative at all.

I used the magnet method once more on my latest suit revision. It is a bit expensive, cost me around 50€, but the plates wont come off accidentaly. I used 20x3mm 18kg magnets. 5 are glued on the inside of each plate using abs weld (collar plate is attached with snaps).
On the inside of the vest i put 2 magnets stacked on every magnetic connection.
What the hell, you guys get smacked often while trooping?! I am glad that never happened to me, not sure what my reaction would be

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

That's for the magnet advice! As far as getting smacked etc... Some people get a bit over zealous and this it is real armor I guess. The person who hit my helmet hard was an adult with a mental disability and I saw it coming and cringed but didn't want to make an issue. In my Umbrella soldier costume people seem to want to test the effectiveness of the chest riot gear hahah.

I should have been working on actual parts of my suit so I can have it ready for Katsucon in mid Feb. . But instead I decided to play around with making some molds. I want to cast the telescope in 3 pieces - tip , ring ( in case someone wants a different version it) and the main body. I have the mold for the body using the Korvette scope but I didn't have enough straps to do it all at once. Bit disappointed in the Michell part but the smaller parts are tougher to figure out then the big ones ( without a pressure caster).
7A79DFBF-4F68-42DE-9C91-75C17C289FC5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing actual work today!! Helmets still getting sanded, cut the visor out of the DVH and drilled the Borden holes. My new magnets came so I can glue them on before sending everything for paint.

I finished the boots. I used Plasti Dip on them after painting them with latex house paint. The house paint wasn't working on the elastic too well. It was a struggle to get them on today but stretching the elastic didn't cause any of the black to show through which is a good thing.
1F52A4C9-C171-44FA-8147-B4AEFB05D7FA.jpg

Failure... It happens. Enjoy the picture of this casting turd. I pulled the telegraph button /arm off now and am determined to make a nice one, it will just be 2 pieces. On the plus side I have my shin tools done ( except for the 4rth one), have a bunch of magnets on the way, have a Panorama telescope on the way to add to my collection and have a Michell uni sweep coming as well. I printed the blueprints for the sling gun upper to get moving on that piece.
B97AC12C-0E28-47AA-8C87-165495B89402.jpg

Failure... It happens. Enjoy the picture of this casting turd. I pulled the telegraph button /arm off now and am determined to make a nice one, it will just be 2 pieces. On the plus side I have my shin tools done ( except for the 4rth one), have a bunch of magnets on the way, have a Panorama telescope on the way to add to my collection and have a Michell uni sweep coming as well. I printed the blueprints for the sling gun upper to get moving on that piece.
B97AC12C-0E28-47AA-8C87-165495B89402.jpg

Its not a turd, just design real metal parts from thin sheet metal that meet that specification. You could take the vertical end one off (and replace with metal easily) and the curved top metal part. You could cast a small greeble for the metal top.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be working on some molds for the Supertrooper gun stuff tomorrow night but for now I need to get some stuff over to get painted. The AF helmet is done. I just need to find bolts for the BobaMaker stalk to attach the rangefinder since I don't think a screw driver will fit in
EA7AD841-C77F-4EFD-B5B4-2E951C045185.jpg

Since I would like to have this actually done eventually ( by Valentine's Day to be exact) , I have given up over engineering my gauntlet closures and going with the dual internal hinge for now.
49C5053C-0EDA-4663-BDB6-2E017858BAE4.jpg

After blowing snow for most of the day ( and will be doing the same tomorrow since we have like 30" on flat areas and higher where it drifted) I got a little bit done on my gauntlets. Also have all my armor painted . Need to figure out which silver to use on the ears as well as decide on blue or dark green for the arrow since in reading it seems people vary on that
3EEF1A74-CFA7-4714-9FDF-4484549A2164.jpg

F4B72A99-2031-46F6-933D-DA85B3783222.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back