01Hawk WIP : Supertrooper

In addition to getting my towel earlier in the week , I tried to make a mold for the front Graflex part on the Uzi. I decided to try it with this stubby Graflex since it would waste less material. I made it a single piece mold which I knew may not work well given the complexity of the part. It isn't perfect but was a good practice run for the real Graflex which I think I will be able to recreate with a 2 piece mold.
97421CE7-F273-4947-B159-98F18AE071E4.jpg

You can always break off the top part of the replica version...sand it down to what it looks like in the real deal...then use those two pieces to recast new parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
The telegraph switch will be a problem if I use a 1piece mold. I never made a 1 piece before and wanted to see what would happen. If I make a 2 piece mold with the center line bisecting the telegraph switch and those ears that stick up I think it will turn out pretty nice.

They do look really good. It is BobaMaker V3 armor which is all ABS. I am debating if I am even going to paint it. I will have to see how well the Jetpack/gauntlets match after being painted.

Great work so far! I'm in the same position you started in, trying to build an ESB Fett and I can't post in the cargo hold....... Yet...... Lol.

Even tho you can't post you can still buy by sending the seller a message. I couldn't do it via mobile on my phone so I switched to the regular site and it was fine. I just read a ton, made a list of everything I wanted and where my options were to get it from. After that messaged people for everything. Good luck with your build !

Got some gauntlet switches today. I got 1 Alco 406R ( marked 8405 as well) and 106F ( marked 8104). Both are plunger type with the 406R having a much larger base. The upper parts appear identical. My cat likes knocking both of them off the table equally.
85F0E199-4B35-4FF7-9DC1-CBD30A5932B8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And here is my towel incase anyone didn't see the post on its own.
D0F8155C-9F44-4828-B43C-14AD2360D034.jpg

I haven't seen too many suits up really close so I am not sure what is normal/acceptable. The gauntlets have a bunch of really fine pinholes which I think a polyprimer would fill but since I am making mine gloss white I am just going to fill them in now.
CFB0C73D-4490-42C2-9A3F-14F09AAA8562.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

1BAE4B64-16F6-4E22-9658-D874B1C5C5D5.jpg

Still sanding, email to FettPride to see if I can get his gauntlets and this ... All of today's progress. The Kaiser parts aren't expensive typically when they come up but maybe someone doesn't want to wait. Will be casting the rest of them as well as the telescope ( which I must have gotten lucky on cause I can't find another lately) to make a sling gun kit. Plus a pile of keypads with the excess material.
93801F26-8B0A-4220-B0A7-761EECC41EF9.jpg

I went with MOW stuff for 2 reasons . First I wanted it in white and he had it in white. Secondly, I honestly thought I would be done sooner and didn't want to wait for the quoted period from Another vendor ( which at this point I could have). When my magnets get here I will be sizing some of the armor to get a feel for how well the soft parts fit.

In still not sure if I will use magnets or bolts I bought tiny magnets which Hold the armor easily but would be concerned if I got caught on something it would pop off. I think I am going to get new bigger magnets and use them to fit the armor correctly and then use bolts for the long term. I just quick sized up the plates for this pictures. I had concerns my torso would be too long as the plates looked smaller than those in the Super Trooper reference photos. I will bring them all down a bit and hem the bottom of the vest if needed. Losing some weight may help as well.
89886E17-33F2-4107-8290-5A1FB5019B71.jpg

Thanks! I think I am going to go with the bolt method once I get them sized up. I also want to put my Jetpack harness together so I can get an overall fell for how it all looks together. I may try and move it all down a little bit since I have the collar pushed back.

I still have the magnet method for my armor attachment and plan to use it continued for one main reason. When you are trooping around a lot of people will come up to you and simply smack or whack your armor. The magnet method is a great way to have some of that energy absorbed by the hits you will take. I've had someone whack me hard enough that my armor has literally popped off (aka shifted) twice now. If I had that armor piece bolted down there is a good chance that armor might have cracked. The other big advantage is maintenance...especially on my Fett chest display area. If you use really strong magnets you don't have to worry about your armor shifting...just make sure the magnets have a very strong pulling weight.

Different people do things differently for a number of reasons...that's the reason I still have my stuff attached via magnets.

I think I am going to get the N42 3/4 " diameter round ones. The ones I have now are 10x5x2 mm ( I don't know what I was thinking in getting them). They are still pretty strong but I didn't glue them on as I was afraid I was going to have to sell the armor for sizing reasons. I just put Velcro on the armor and Velcro on the magnet and then a magnet on the inside of vest. I think the ABS armor is fairly forgiving- in my Scout people have hit me in the chest and at one point a guy smacked my helmet so hard I thought for sure it was going to shatter and poke me but it held up

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back