WIP Chondro's ROTJ

And here's some pics of my wookie braids. I'm still working on these, but they're getting there.
20230704_201957.jpg

Thanks guys! My girlfriend should get all the credit as she dyed and braided them. Buy here's what we did.
I bought horse hair off ebay that was labeled white Mongolian horse hair. The blonde braid is it's natural color without any dye. The others I used cheap hair dye from Walmart. For the striped one she laid out some hair bundled together and literally just painted about 2" bands of black for every 1" of natural blonde. Then when she braided it up it shows a nice striped pattern. She is working on the pineapple knots and hopefully will have those done soon.

Thanks guys! My girlfriend should get all the credit as she dyed and braided them. Buy here's what we did.
I bought horse hair off ebay that was labeled white Mongolian horse hair. The blonde braid is it's natural color without any dye. The others I used cheap hair dye from Walmart. For the striped one she laid out some hair bundled together and literally just painted about 2" bands of black for every 1" of natural blonde. Then when she braided it up it shows a nice striped pattern. She is working on the pineapple knots and hopefully will have those done soon.
Awesome, I'll give that a try!

Hey guys just wanted to do a quick update. My MF guantlets are getting close to being done. Flightsuit/vest arrived from Carole yesterday, and my helmet and gloves came in from BM today. I'll get more detailed pics soon, but in the meantime here I am in my work in progress.

20230829_190718.jpg

Hey guys just wanted to do a quick update. My MF guantlets are getting close to being done. Flightsuit/vest arrived from Carole yesterday, and my helmet and gloves came in from BM today. I'll get more detailed pics soon, but in the meantime here I am in my work in progress.

View attachment 238163

Looks like your well on your way now.

On a side note, if your girlfriend ever wanted to make some extra money, she could make some ROTJ Wookie braids. There is a big need for them here.

chondro788
This all I've ever used for my top coat sealer. I just like the durability that enamel has. Only issue I had was early on and that was spraying it too close. The end result was the spider-vein effect. Now I mist it on from about 10-12 inches away - not a problem since.
1694098587009.png

-Iron

Definitely agree with Irongladiator, enamel has good durability. I used both Rustoleum and Krylon for my top coat, don't know if I could really tell a difference between the two, but I typically always prefer Rustoleum. There are some clear coats that offer UV protection as well if you plan on doing a lot of outdoor troops and such.

This thread is more than 2 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back