Body Suit Zam Body Suit

Breathable would be better.

What color swatch is everyone agreeing on so far? From photos I've seen #2 looks damn close, but then again I wasn't there in person at the MOM to know for absolute sure.

Oh, lemme remind all newcomers to the project to read thread "vest and Jumpsuit" and "jumpsuit revelation." The color will be dyed to pantone 5135U according to Dallas's trip to Austrailia.
I have decided that I will prepay for the pretesting. When the entire shipment of bolts get ordered, then I will just add the cost of the pretest to the entire order, that way you all can hold onto your money and pay me all at once, for the fabric and pretest ok? There are too many people on this project for me to fool with two money transactions per person. When the time comes, save up for about give or take, $250 for the fabric and pretest. For those wanting sewn suits, I will pm you later about that after the fabric is done lamination. Crossing fingers as to hoping lamination will work.

Ok everyone! pretesting will begin! I have already called the companies and I will be getting prototype of sh-2 white fabric dyed to pantone 5135u then laminated to open cell neoprene with black nylon backing. I will be having them do a lab dips to make sure that we get the color exactly right. I will send some of the dyed lycra to DCB to get a color confirmation.

YAY!!

What's the time frame on when you're gonna start needing to see some $$ roll in for this project and how will you measure the people wanting an outfit? I know everyone has different shape and dimension, so just wondering.

Thanks! You're doing so amaning on this! I truly can't wait!

I can't tell what the time frame is, but it should be by the end of this month. I still have to recieve the lab dips for exact color, get dcb's ok, send the rest of the pretest yardage with the correct color to the neoprene company for lamination. Then after that, I recieve it, cut it up and give yall samples if it laminates ok. Then get the final quote from the neoprene company on total cost for the large order. If anyone new wants to join in, now is the time, cause once I make that final quote, and order, that's it. No more ordering! Then I will be asking for the dough. I dont know what the total cost is yet, i am just estimating, so people can save up for it.
EDIT** Save up about $250 for the fabric,(hopefully it will be less, but, we'll see)to be paid somewhere close to end of this month. The sewing costs will be handled by my seamstress. I will talk about measurements for those who want the suit done, after I get all the fabric laminated. One step at a time...

oH, BTW, those who want the suit sewn by my seamstress, please pm me your email address, so that I can forward the list to her so that she can get in touch with you all after the lamination and prototype welt seam is sent to everyone. I have a feeling she will give a quick diagram of how to get measurements for what she needs and have you fill out a form. So that she can get these suits sewn to specific measurements. If not, she will probably do a S,M,L type of deal.

I was going to have my mom sew it, but I'm not sure if you have to have a special machine to sew it or not, plus I'm not sure if she'd know how to work with neoprene.

So basically, I'm saying, I'm in. :) Add me to your seamstress' list.

sandgirl@cutestsandgirl.com

~Kimmy (incongnito ;) )

I hesitate to answer that question, cause I don't know what shipping will cost. (Shipping the stuff is almost just as bad as producing the fabric!) But the price points are about $10 extra dollars per person for the fabric. If that makes any sense. I will get a better feeling when I get the prototype and recalculate costs with the neoprene company. All I know is I need 1-2 more people to really save us all some dough. 2 more people might save us each about $15-20. I am trying to get the fabric to be at $200 per person or less. If one or two people don't join in, it just means that everyone on the list will have to pay more. Not all is forfeited. We have more than enuff people to make the minimum charges. Oh, btw, the yardage would be about 6 yards of fabric per person for those who want just the fabric. The ones having my seamstress sew theirs, I will personally drive the fabric to her work area and have your suits made. Then, my seamstress will take it from there. Measurements etc.

Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say I'm new to these boards (well, to posting, anyway...) I've actually been lurking around here since about August, and you guys have a great forum.

Zam I Am - count me in as part of your fabric/seamstress' list. I too thought about doing this myself with nylon or lycra, but the plan you have going here sounds so much better.

e-mail: jadesabre@rebelscum.net

If you need anything else, let me know.

Thanks Lady Zam for joining in and welcome to the clawdite club :zam. Just to let everyone know, I have only one spot left. I can't take any more people once that spot is taken. If I did, then I would have to beg about three more people to join. That's just the way the price points hit... Neoprene sheets are what they come in, and they won't hack off an entire sheet to make everything work out for just one person. So, last spot... is up for grabs.

Ok-- several people wanted me to start a new thread and post who else is in the body suit scene... So goto new thread "Fellowship of the bodysuit"

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back