Who makes the best visor?

mrgr8ness

Well-Known Hunter
I need a new visor for my DP96. I bought one from a seller on ebay. Its a decent visor, but not dark enough. Certain lighting and camera flashes, you can see my face. Is this normal, or is there a visor out there that you cannot see through ever? Looking to buy one, if anyone knows a source. I would prefer it to be all pre-cut and ready to glue in. Thanks

The dark green welding visors can be cut with scissors. There darker and accurate for the ESB helmets. Other than that try adding some window tint to the inside on the visor.

home depot for 8 bucks, just a cheap replacment weilding visor, it didnt look dark enough but once i put it in it was very dark.

cal196 said:
home depot for 8 bucks, just a cheap replacment weilding visor, it didnt look dark enough but once i put it in it was very dark.
I have the same visor, and when I go out for events I am shocked when I take off my helmet due to how much more I can see. Those visors are "too" dark, and I don't much like the green.

All the acrylic visors are going to be exactly the same no matter who makes them. tinted/smoked acrylic is all the same no matter where you get it from.

ordered mine from ebay for my MS3, dark acrylic. I asked him to make it larger and had no problem. Now he's marketing them on ebay XL size just for the MS3's.

mrgr8ness said:
I'm doing ROTJ, so I want to go black. Anyone have a Bobamaker visor? Thinking about trying one.

I have a bobamaker in my DP95- is perfect and very dark, easy to see out of but near impossible to see into, even with flash photography.

Thanks guys, just ordered a BM. He seems confident his visor will solve my problem. I may try to do some comparison pics when I get it.

Anyone have contact info for Bobamaker? I have a mystery helmet in dire need of a visor. I was cutting out the t-visor the other day and I put a burr right across the face with my dremel <cry> I went to Home Depot to find a replacement but they didn't have any. Thanks for any and all info!

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back