Who makes the best Mandalorian Bucket?

I’m not sure if the cheeks are matte because there’s a clear coat that gives a bit of shine, but the silver accents on the ears and key slot are definitely there.

I received my Nomad Props Mando helmet yesterday. To put it mildly I was stunned by the quality of the helmet. The finish is top notch with the paint detail on the ears. In addition to this the inside of the helmet was painted black with foam inserts included. The packing of the helmet was among the best I've seen and arrived two days after being shipped from the west coast to the mid-west. In short this is a ready to wear helmet of superb quality.

Last edited:
I received my Nomad Props Mando helmet yesterday. To put it mildly I was stunned by the quality of the helmet. The finish is top notch with the paint detail on the ears included. In addition to this the inside of the helmet was painted black with foam inserts included. The packing of the helmet was among the best I've seen and arrived two days after being shipped from the west coast to the mid-west. In short this is a ready to wear helmet of superb quality.
Congrats! Yeah man, I’m so beyond happy with my Nomad Props helmet...definitely one of the best out there! I especially love the inside lining. Professional grade quality

Got my rifle attached...and my display is done! Helmet and armor by Nomad Props

7F0566E2-FEE4-4EB9-8C88-6DD5D3F4E913.jpeg

Got my rifle attached...and my display is done! Helmet and armor by Nomad Props

View attachment 203285
Hi! Great picture.
Can you tell how tall you are? I'm 170cm (regular head size xDD) and I'm afraid that the Nomad helmet could be too big for me.
I was able to contact him and I signed up for the waiting list (it seems like it may be a bit long).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi! Great picture.
Can you tell how tall you are? I'm 170cm (regular head size xDD) and I'm afraid that the Nomad helmet could be too big for me.
I was able to contact him and I signed up for the waiting list (it seems like it may be a bit long).

Thanks!
I'm 6'4" The Nomad helmet barely fits me. I can't remember my head measurement off the top of my head (dad joke), but I was worried my head would be too big for his helmet - it wasn't. I had the Jsin helmet as well (sold it) - the problem was the shape was wonky due to thinner material than Nomad's. Paint job was decent, but I'd still say nowhere near Nomad's quality - although it's subjective right? Some folks prefer Jsin's.

Just received my helmet back from MonsterFD/Marcus on Etsy. Is a great quality helmet. The alumaluster is a was initially applied too thinly, and I asked them to add some more for a brighter finish, which they were kind enough to do. I added a custom padded liner as well. The shape is a bit longer than the Jsin props version, which works well for me as aI have a long face and my chin sticks out from the Jsin props helmet. The black parts on the ears are painted, and not decals.

IMG_0641.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

Was there ever a “definitive” answer for this? Or did it end up semi-accepted that most makers are using the same (general) files from GreatApe, and as such, most will be splitting hairs with each other?

I’ve spent what feels like a lifetime running through comparasions, seeing how each helmet sits on different builds, comparing dimensions/proportions, and the only ones that seem to have truly unique dimensions that differ from the GreatApe proportions, are FAC/Moncal and Anovos/Denuo Novo. The Anovos/Denuo Novo is “slimmer” and has a longer visor. FAC is sculpted based on reference material with unique dimensions, per Kathy/Cal, but I haven’t seen a thread where the FAC helmet is used in a full build yet.

Nomad apparently did minor tweaks to the GA proportions, but he isn’t producing them anymore, so I can’t be sure. Redman, Stark, MonsterFD (Etsy), and other makers that most in the community use, all use the GA files - per their documentation. JSIN says he uses the GA files and keeps the same proportions but brings the sizing down slightly so it’s generally shorter by a little bit.

All of these vendors have helmets that have passed the CRL for at least one build, so it seems safe to say that any will work for acceptance, no?

It would be awesome to discuss/determine differences of any given vendor based on what would work best for someone’s head shape, body size (for scaling), etc.

I think that may be what really helps sell the fitment of a particular vendor’s helmet over another.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back