Where do I start?

SolarFett

Hunter
I figured I'd just throw this out there. Like any other hobby that I invest in, I'm going to take this very seriously and want a high quality suit once I'm done. I just have no idea where to start.

1) I know it largely comes down to preference, but I was wondering if there are any obvious differences in building an ESB Fett vs. a ROTJ Fett. Is there difficulty getting parts for one over the other, etc.

2) Is there a difference in quality of material used, ex. are helmets made from different types of material, and which one is the highest quality?

3) What is the order in which I should start collecting the various pieces, in relevance to production timelines? Ex. Should I order several pieces at the same time because they will all take several months to build?

4) Which piece will be the most difficult to acquire?

5) Is there a list somewhere of trusted vendors for each piece?

Thank you all for reading this! I'd greatly appreciate any help or direction! Thanks again!

Dan

1) ESB vs ROTJ is preference. ESB is probably more expensive due to the extra sidearm and holster than ROTJ from watching builds.
2) For helmets people prefer gelcoat/fiberglass over resin kits.
3) Wait times are a part of the game, especially from trusted vendors. Recasters and those will cheaper materials and lower quality usually have a shorter lead time.
4) Most pieces are easy to acquire besides the wait times.
5) Lots of threads are located in this forum regarding trusted vendors.

1. Both are beautiful suits with each having there own distinct features. You should look up esb vs rotj to see the true differences to them!
2. Most people prefer gelcoat refinofrces fiberglass helmets and vacuum formed armor pieces!
3. If you’re interested, I have very little wait time and can provide you a full Fett suit with HIGH QUALITY items to meet or exceed the needs of 501st approval. All this can be completed by me with very little wait time.
But most vendors do have quite of a lead time extending to over 4 months for some pieces.
4. I would say the flight suit because of having to get it tailored. Or helmet as there are various different options out there.
5. I can provide you a full suit(I don’t sell individual pieces), but if not I highly recommend bobamaker, dvh, animefan, and major for most of your props. Also Arkady for soft goods. Woodman for braids, machine craft for metal, Mike m or major for gloves, and man of war studios :)

1. Both are beautiful suits with each having there own distinct features. You should look up esb vs rotj to see the true differences to them!
2. Most people prefer gelcoat refinofrces fiberglass helmets and vacuum formed armor pieces!
3. If you’re interested, I have very little wait time and can provide you a full Fett suit with HIGH QUALITY items to meet or exceed the needs of 501st approval. All this can be completed by me with very little wait time.
But most vendors do have quite of a lead time extending to over 4 months for some pieces.
4. I would say the flight suit because of having to get it tailored. Or helmet as there are various different options out there.
5. I can provide you a full suit(I don’t sell individual pieces), but if not I highly recommend bobamaker, dvh, animefan, and major for most of your props. Also Arkady for soft goods. Woodman for braids, machine craft for metal, Mike m or major for gloves, and man of war studios :)

What does the full suit cost look like if I were to go with you? Do you have pics of your suits?

I have a for sale thread on the cargo hold if you'd like to check it out!

Feel free to message me privately also. Ill also beat any competitors quote on a full suit.

Welcome to this great community! As far as the difference between the ESB and ROTJ; I’d say to put cost difference aside. At the end of it all the slight increase for ESB sidearm and holster will be negligible. Especially if you factor in TIME. Wait times, paint times, electronic wiring times, hahahaha. You get the point! Pick whichever appeals to YOU! I like the colors of ROTJ better (gauntlets and Jetpack), so I went with that!

What I would recommend doing is order your hard parts first, from a recommended and reputable vendor. If you want everything painted when you receive it; there is a premium for that...there is also a lot of wait time associated with the hard parts typically; especially the helmet.

While you wait for the hard parts, then start grabbing the soft goods and miscellaneous parts of the build. Ultimately, it’s your build and this is just a recommendation. It’s what I did, but unfortunately the hard parts took much, much longer than anticipated. Though I acquired the soft parts in the meantime, it put me into a funk, and I didn’t want to start weathering or assembling anything...

Do your research, and use this forum and the amazing people here as a resource. But most importantly, research everything - don’t regret a decision you make because of lack of research (trust me)!

Go to your bank and tell them not to worry if they suddenly realise you have no money in your account and that your building a Boba Fett.

Get used to eating and sleeping Boba Fett, it's the last thing you will think about before you fall asleep and the first thing you will think about when you wake up.

You will get to know the post man very well, having Parcels delivered to work sometimes is a good idea as it saves any awkward conversations at home as to why you are getting so many parcels.

The next 2 years are going to be spent logging on to the forum multiple times hourly / daily.

Other than that enjoy the hunt.........

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back