What is this tube/line for?

batninja

Well-Known Hunter
This has been bothering me for a few months. I've seen this tubing in several shots, both movie and still, but it's not part of the MoM exhibits.

My original guess was that it's a power line to the chest display. Lucasfilm didn't have Shackman's fabulous light displays back then! I doubt it's a mic line, since his dialog was overdubbed by others.

Any other ideas?

secol FETT

Well-Known Hunter
i belive you are right
there are othe pics in you can see a flat speeker located in the abplate, maybe that cord is the power supply to the chest
mic, and wire for the speaker, but thats only speculations 'cause that are from ROTJ, and Fett don't talk in the Jedi....or yes.......well the yell part dont need a speaker to hear :lol:

mindphunk

Active Hunter
Thats what it is. Theres a great picture of it on the bounty hunters puzzle that you can get at TRU.

jrnymanprotector

Well-Known Hunter
I may be wrong, but I remember hearing that the helmet was wired to raise and lower the rangefinder. Is this the wire for that?

Phil

Joren Fett

Active Hunter
If that's all it is, it seems strange that they would leave it exposed in these photos. Another dumb mistake on their part?

Rimshot

Active Hunter
I believe they just left it exposed as another piece of the suit. Really, on a set of armor with all the gadgets fett has, another extra wire doesnt look out of place.

Tyler Durden

Well-Known Hunter
Yes, we are fairly certain that wire is connected to battery pack in the side pouches that powers the chest lights. I believe this info was culled from Jeremy.

I don't think it was mistake on the part of anyone forgetting to hide the wire. As the photo montage shows, they didn't make any effort to hide it on various incarnations of the suit in both stills and on film.

DarthVader1

Well-Known Hunter
Well, at least we're carefull to hide it or find different ways to create the same effect using different ways (and for some of us, the very same way) to do so.

Am I right? :rolleyes

Robert