What do you think?

Kissker

Active Hunter
Ive been workin on this.. and.. I think Ill like the results...

Iam Building a micro tower computer.
The catch?
its bobas helmet, dent and all.

Preliminary sketches prove its possible, makeing a 14 inch tall (min) helmet to fit the motherboard and everything in WITH good ventillation from the back and "Under" to cool everything off.

Computers stats? Hopefully cranking it to Athalon x2 2.4Ghz procc and 512 video with crossfire technology on the mobo to support 2 of them.

If I can build this, not only will it be state of the art gaming computer, but itll be in our most obsessed feature.. The Helmet.

Get back to me frequently to ask how its going. So far its still on paper.

Awsome ide In myopinion.. dont know why no ones done it.

Kissker said:
(note 1) If I can build this,...

(note 2) So far its still on paper....

ummmmmmmmm .....yeahhhhhhhhhhh

Not a great start looking at it from the points i highlighted above...:rolleyes

But good luck(y)....

Perhaps you should have just posted a "grand unveiling" thread about it, upon its completion, instead of expecting us to.... :facepalm

kissker said:
"Get back to me frequently to ask how its going."

Mason.8)

Last edited by a moderator:
aww come on the point was to spark interests to get me motavated to workin on it more, not to be a show off.

besides, now that the idea is out there, maybe someone wants to do it as well, who knows, maybe in a year there will be a step-by-step picture guide on the "how to make a bucket tower"

Besides it cant be that hard, if worste comes to worste, just enlarge the bucket and put a Square "mini tower" inside of it, hooking everything up throughthe back, after all, thats how they made the R2D2 tower, and the Tie Fighter tower. its a case, within a case. The outer case just is the pretty one.

To quote from....Field of Dreams
"If you build it, he will come."....;)

Why do we have to motivate you?:facepalm

Just make it and then show us all your new creation!(y)

Mason.8)

Jedi Allma seems to like to kick my nutz all over the place, while the rest of you are doing what I hoped.. SUPPORTING a fellow TDH member. I thank you guys for it.

Its not that I cant build it myself, I can, its not that I dont have complete motivation, I came back to life afterall, its the simple fact that No ones done it, its going to be a kick in the keester as it is tryin to shape it around a central computer, and the positive "hey man, sounds cool, i cant wait to see it" gives hope for it to be done, and thus some motivational encouragement, even if I try and screw up totally, I know you guys can think of something to do with it, like turn it into a trash can.

Humor is a great tool for healing-
a shotgun is not.

Kissker said:
Jedi Allma seems to like to kick my nutz all over the place, while the rest of you are doing what I hoped.. SUPPORTING a fellow TDH member.

I have no problem supporting people and i support people all the time...;)

But i cant be expected to be a crutch.:facepalm

I mean come on... you posted your idea that sounded like you weren't convinced you actually would/could do ( "if i can build this"... "its still on paper"...) and then expected us to get back to you about it?
It just doesn't work that way really, does it....

Well if its my motivation you need then here...(as i said in my first post)...
Good luck(y) ...
And heres me getting back to you... "hows this project going?"

Mason.8)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really creative. I don't know a thing about designing computers, but it would be cool having a SW character staring at you while you surf the net.

ha I never found DV! nice. CARDBOARD?! blah. too much a fire hazard for my taste.. I just got my Acrylic in... yay! but my digi cam seems to be non-functional... sooooo... pictures will come when they do lol.

oo.. never thought of using the Power supply as the base of the tower...hmmmm mine was all INternal. lol.

anyway, heres hopin the warrenty covers "stupidity" on my camera, and in 2-3 weeks i should have my camera back... hopefully it works.

Maybe I read it wrong...but I think he was just using the carboard as a guide to see how he should cut the acrylic...cause yeah....cardboard = flaming helmet of doom.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back