"vent" installation.

InfraFett

Active Hunter
I'm making a Maul Mandalorian and a Jango. This one will be my Maul Mandalorian, and I got through with cutting the vent (what is this piece called? I don't know what to call it besides the "vent") how is it? it's not the best, yet I kind of feel this is as good as it's going to get. Is it that bad? This is my FIRST EVER attempt, so I'd definitely like some input. Thanks in advance
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg

Kudos to you for having a crack at doing this. You are a braver soul than I. I did not even try to do mine, I commissioned that work out.
I’m sure more knowledgeable people will give feedback.

Most commonly I have seen this part referred to as key slots.

Thank you MinaFett and Spicy Fett. You two have been more help to me with your comments here alone than the mandalorian mercs forum. I wouldn't risk doing this on the Jango helmet (yet then again, it already came with the key slots/vent installed in the back) I tried using E6000 rubber cement yet I'm not getting the full results I want. I researched around and epoxy putty seems to be the best idea that I can gather. Would you agree? Thanks again

Thank you MinaFett and Spicy Fett. You two have been more help to me with your comments here alone than the mandalorian mercs forum. I wouldn't risk doing this on the Jango helmet (yet then again, it already came with the key slots/vent installed in the back) I tried using E6000 rubber cement yet I'm not getting the full results I want. I researched around and epoxy putty seems to be the best idea that I can gather. Would you agree? Thanks again
Epoxy putty would be my go to for this. It would act as both a glue and a filler to fill in the gaps around the keyslots (that's what they are called btw). You can get plumbers epoxy at most hardware stores. Check the pluming isle before the adhesives isle though because often you can get a bigger stick for less as adhesive companies try to market it as some special putty and charge more.

Be sure to wear gloves! If you mix it with 70% rubbing alcohol it will apply smoother and also take a little longer to cure which can be nice. When it is fully cured it is very easy to sand and you can always apply more.

This is my favorite brand: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-Fix-It-Stick-Epoxy-Putty/3132883

Epoxy putty would be my go to for this. It would act as both a glue and a filler to fill in the gaps around the keyslots (that's what they are called btw). You can get plumbers epoxy at most hardware stores. Check the pluming isle before the adhesives isle though because often you can get a bigger stick for less as adhesive companies try to market it as some special putty and charge more.

Be sure to wear gloves! If you mix it with 70% rubbing alcohol it will apply smoother and also take a little longer to cure which can be nice. When it is fully cured it is very easy to sand and you can always apply more.

This is my favorite brand: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-Fix-It-Stick-Epoxy-Putty/3132883
Buddy, that was exactly what I was thinking of getting today! (it's payday for me too, so double win) Thank you too! (does this take 12 hours?)

Well people, I'm halfway through my battle right now. I know this was asking about the keyslots. I don't want to be a pain, So I want to ask one more thing... (since today is payday) What T-visor on T-visor.com would you guys suggest for animefan and wasted fett Jango helmets? T-Visor.com - Home

Plumbers epoxy cures in like 5-10 minutes, or more depending on how much rubbing alcohol you use if you take that route.

I think I have the standard t-visor in my Animefan helmet.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.