US Divers buckle

Lynn TXP 0369

Well-Known Hunter
How do you thread the US Divers buckle? I got the one side threaded and the other side just pulled through. This doesn't seem right as it is very loose and will not stay tight as you would think it should if it was used and correctly rigged.
jh6etok-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Is the belt material thick enough to be locked down when the buckle is closed? Can you take some close up pics of what’s going on there?

I have yet to run my seatbelt webbing thru my divers buckle, BUT the webbing that came with the legit scuba gear was not thin like a seatbelt. It’s a thicker canvas type webbing.

Tough to actually close the buckle cause of how thick it is! Now I’m nervous to use the cheapo seatbelt material...

I have yet to run my seatbelt webbing thru my divers buckle, BUT the webbing that came with the legit scuba gear was not thin like a seatbelt. It’s a thicker canvas type webbing.

Tough to actually close the buckle cause of how thick it is! Now I’m nervous to use the cheapo seatbelt material...

I got thinner type webbing on mine as well, I just doubled up a piece of webbing going in the buckle and it took care of the loose clasp.
Lynn

I have an authentic US divers buckle and it's super tight and I use thin strap webbing. The scuba webbing is ridiculously thick!

There is a thread on here somewhere, can’t find it at the min. It’s a step by step process. And the thin webbing works just fine of the modern day equivalent I have a vintage buckle and never had a issue.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back