UK Paint colours for Armour

Hi Folks,

calling all those UK TDHer's out there in cyber space, i am looking for a relatively good source for paint colours for all the Armour including shoulders and knee's .

I am planning on air brushng all my armour so not sure if this is how everyone does theirs but thats the route i am taking so any paints you could recommend should be compatable with an air brush if possible.

I have heard that Tamiya paints are good for this but which ones are good for what and where lol.

Sorry for all the questions it's just i would like to get as much scope on this as possible.

P.s. I am going ROTJ route just in case thats relevant.

Thanks in Advance of any replies.

Ian

Homer-Fett

bobamaker

Active Hunter
Tamiya are excellent, but to complete your project you will also need some other water based acrylics, these can be bought from HobbyCraft:

CHEST
Chrome Silver (Tamiya)
Yellow Ochre (Americana)
Field Grey (Tamiya) this is actually mid/dark green

SHOULDERS
Honeydew Melon (Anita's)
True Ochre (Americana)

These are pretty damn close, good Luck, DAZ.

Hi Daz,

thanks mate , i know i asked you this already but i lost the mail as my old PC went down so i had to buy a laptop and save as much as i could at the time so thanks for the reminder mate.

P.s. I don't have any Hobby craft stores in Scotland so i will have to look for that type of paint else where.

Ian
Homer-Fett

mandalore697

Active Hunter
Hi Ian,

I used a humbrol spray for my armor, I think it was matt olive green. Its probably one of the closest pre-mixed colours you could get.

I'll try and check which colours I used for the shoulders etc.

Good luck

Dan

I used humbrol forest green for the armour and part of the lid- its best used in an airbrush, as I got a perfect finish- use matt paint over silver to get realistic s/a weathering!!!

HeadlessHunter

Well-Known Hunter
mandalore697 said:
Hi Ian,

I used a humbrol spray for my armor, I think it was matt olive green. Its probably one of the closest pre-mixed colours you could get.

I'll try and check which colours I used for the shoulders etc.

Good luck

Dan

I used this colour on my Helmet, its pretty good but I found that with a bit of scotchbrite I was able to rub it gently which brought it out in a much lighter tone, good luck, post pics of your progress!!!