Uk Guys - what resin

Silverstalker

Active Hunter
Mainly for anyone in the UK so I can get the right brand, what resin are you guys using for those who have made cardboard helmets. I am doing another one and want to use a resin this time.

Ha I bought this today to fiberglass the inside of another helmet I am making... I did wonder if I could use the resin part on its own for the outside

You only get about a 15 to 20 minute window to work it before it starts to set (depending on how much catalyst you use). I suppose you could use it o the outside of something if it's only a mass of material you're looking to shape but it might be difficult to see what's what as it is transparent. It might be easier to use filler as it is opaque and would be easier to see what you were doing but it all kind of depends what it is you're trying to achieve I suppose. Two part epoxy putty is also a nice material to work with depending on the purpose. I'd be amazed if amongst those three things you couldn't find something that would work out.

Yes, rfbr. You need help.

I am not so worried about the outside to be fair, I just PVA the whole outside and that sets it quite hard, I will however fiberglass the inside

Thanks

I water it down to soak into the cardboard and harden,it drys ridged but stays smooth. a light buff with fine sand paper and its like glass when finished.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back