Thoughts on Armor Colors

fiercepierce

New Hunter
I haven't seen much discussion on this, so I thought i'd start or add to:

Just when I think I have decided what color i'm using, ill see a new pic or screen capture from the show and I second guess myself. Has anyone heard or decided on what would be the color of his armor? I guess i'm thinking specifically about the orange-ish, brown-ish color used on the chest, gauntlets, etc.

As best I can tell, the Tan color is Sahara Beige from Montana Gold paints. The same color used for Shoretroopers.

Any thoughts?

Honestly it looks like a clay brown | reddish color, and thats probably an awful comparison, but almost an oxidized rust color. Its interesting for sure and has different paint layers that peek through.

Well we’re you trying to achieve the color in the d23 reference photos color or the on screen one. I’ve found that Montana cans chestnut looks pretty good for the on screen look

Chestnut is a great color for the on-screen look.

I was looking at the D23 armor and some areas look like they have some mahogany or merlot tones misted on top of a brownish red base.

Montana also has a few grays that might work as the layer under the red. Meteorite is what I would probably go with, but they have Asphalt which is lighter and could be toned down with weathering, and Basalt which is a darker tone. Duplicolor’s Hot Rod Gray primer is also a great gray but maybe a touch too dark.

I can’t tell if the layer under the gray is a very dark gray or matte black, but I’m leaning towards black.

1CBBC603-6433-4EC7-A64B-07129288F4E5.jpeg

Last edited:
I hadn't looked at the Chestnut color until now! Its so hard to tell from my computer screen. Orange Brown was another color I saw. This is all good info ...

1st pic - Chestnut
2nd pic - Orange Brown

Combination of both?

1574190679190.png

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back