The Marshal Cobb Vanth Costume Discussion

Honestly, I was a little shocked when I first saw those screencaps. It looked ... strange. Unfortunately. Stakes were high. (Yes Im aware its not Fett, but still.. its the first apparence of THE armor since a loooong time. Stakes were high).

And unfortunately, the more I look at it, the more it seems, the strange apparence comes down to only some minor things that could so easily be corrected to make the look a whole lot better. This is not a critique of the style itself, with the red, the armor just being thrown over, etc. More so, its a "with that style, how would it have been looking better".

Obviously, the helmet looks off. Im not going into the "why didnt they use the ROTJ helmet" discussion. After all, why not introduce a new prop... The RotJ helmet istelf was a "new" Prop that was supposed to be the same helmet as in ESB. So no hard feelings there.

The problem I have with it... it seems to be sitting way too high. Look at the difference between Cobb helmet on and helemt off. The look is fine without the helmet bot it looks ill put together once he puts the bucket on. And it cant really be the helmet itself... after all, it looked well proportioned on the Deat Watch guys. Would have been such an easy fix...

Next problem... THE TUMMY.... Oh man. Just not a good look. And would have been so easy to fix, too.... Just wear the belt higher, or another belt, or some sort of girth belt.... Wasted opportunity.

The red of the scarf, too me, is too extreme. A little more dimmed down and it would look better.

The cheap looking airsoft gloves just seem odd. :/

Edit:
I'd like to add that I do find the weathering of the armor pieces itself very well done - which would lend itself to an excellent look, if the above observations were to be remedied ... I'd like it.

Last edited:
So are the skechers alley cat talgens still considered the screen accurate boot? Just asking before I go googling see if anyone still has them in stock.

Love that episode S2 E1

Cobb Vanth wears the Fett armour well, like the Jawa backstory how he got hold of it too.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back