The Mandalorian Costume Soft Parts

Looks great. Do you have a photo of someone wearing this version? I'm curious as to where the stitching lays on an actual person.

Also is it darker grey? The link on your etsy shop is a really light grey, probably too light.

I'm trying to figure out how someone would weather or darken it since the stitching is white so dying it will be pretty difficult.

Looks great. Do you have a photo of someone wearing this version? I'm curious as to where the stitching lays on an actual person.

Also is it darker grey? The link on your etsy shop is a really light grey, probably too light.

I'm trying to figure out how someone would weather or darken it since the stitching is white so dying it will be pretty difficult.

I just got it in the mail, I'll be getting photos wearing it asap.

The two flight suits I have posted are identical colors. They are the exact same material. The only difference is lighting and the camera used.

The pics on etsy at the moment (they will change when I get the new ones taken) make it too light. The recent pics of it laying flat are closer, but are a smidge too dark I think. This cloth is weird, honestly. I've never seen a color that seems to change with the lighting so much. In sunlight, there's a green tint to it. Indoor lighting, especially if the light is a bit yellow, makes it look 100% gray with no green to it at all.

If it comes to you wanting to dye the cloth though, the textile itself is either pure or almost pure cotton, and will dye pretty well, but the thread is poly/cotton blend and won't take the color as much. So if you use cotton dye, the thread would stay pretty white. But I don't think you'll want to dye it.

New photos!

6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

I've done my best to present the color accurately. It's hard to do, this cloth is weird. In some lighting it looks green, in some lighting it looks 100% gray. The picture with the orange shirt hopefully illustrates how it looks greener depending on what is around it.

These pics will now be in the etsy shop as well. Hopefully soon I will have the other parts of the costume available too. I think I've found a great color for the darker suit.

Color-wise it looks pretty solid! Nice work! The only thing I can see is I'm not sure if the costume has a double white inseam on the crotch stitching? Maybe there is a photo I haven't seen where it is?

1577026399406.png

Right in the crotch. In the reference photos of his costume I don't see any double white stitching in the inseam area. It also looks like your front pant has a reinforced stitch that goes up in white near the zipper when the costume doesn't have that?

Yours is still the best flight suit I've seen and once I get my Boba approved my own Mandalorian costume will be my next project so I hope I'm not offending or anything I just noticed that area looks different compared to the mannequin and your prototype samples.
mandoflightsuit.jpg

mandoflightsuitofficial.jpg

Right in the crotch. In the reference photos of his costume I don't see any double white stitching in the inseam area. It also looks like your front pant has a reinforced stitch that goes up in white near the zipper when the costume doesn't have that?

Ooh gotcha. Good catch! Those stitches weren't on my original design. I'll make sure they *aren't* there on the production suits! And don't worry, I'll never be offended by someone trying to help, especially if they can help me be more accurate!

I know I prematurely jumped on the stitching angle the last time :lol: but I feel the cummerbund/inner vest needs a little more shape to the flap that goes under the belt, it should have more or a rounded trapezoid shape and less of a rectangular shape. Your’s has a slight indication of the shape but the corners are a little sharper then the screen used one
CB80247F-137D-4559-95AF-68305F343FC4.jpeg
1EA003CB-B8FE-4798-AF6A-EE266ACDF97D.png
47D61486-D864-4889-B2D4-C4424B09BB24.png

I know I prematurely jumped on the stitching angle the last time :lol: but I feel the cummerbund/inner vest needs a little more shape to the flap that goes under the belt, it should have more or a rounded trapezoid shape and less of a rectangular shape. Your’s has a slight indication of the shape but the corners are a little sharper then the screen used one
You were right about the stitching, and you're right about the flap. It needs to taper more and to have rounder corners!

Is it just me, or does the vest/cummerbund change color when he gets his full set of Beskar armor in Ep3? Looks like the vest is darker and the cummerbund is more of a gray color...?

the-mando-shiny-new-armor.jpg

Is it just me, or does the vest/cummerbund change color when he gets his full set of Beskar armor in Ep3? Looks like the vest is darker and the cummerbund is more of a gray color...?

Yes, he has a darker flight suit. The cummerbund I believe is the same, but he has a new piece added on top of it, a leather bib of sorts. Side views show that it doesn't wrap around, and the actual cummerbund looks to be the same color, although it could be slightly different.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back