The Mandalorian Costume Soft Parts

Hey Z, what kind of fabric are you using? I showed these pictures to my wife and I asked if she could make some for me but she says she needs a pattern, did you use one or is she just a newbie?
There is a pattern, but I don't have it personally. This is being done by my sewing team. They create the pattern and sew from there. It's a lightweight canvas. Kinda in between canvas weight and regular fabric weight.

I know this is a prototype but looking at the pictures it seems those stick lines coming from the fly and down the front of the pants need to be a little further apart, the screen used suit seems to come down like pocket lines spaced a little away from the fly and come down the outside of the knee/thigh area

I know this is a prototype but looking at the pictures it seems those stick lines coming from the fly and down the front of the pants need to be a little further apart, the screen used suit seems to come down like pocket lines spaced a little away from the fly and come down the outside of the knee/thigh area
Do you mean like one of these line placements? Just trying to understand. I'd love input if people think I've got something off.
new lines.jpg

Do you mean like one of these line placements? Just trying to understand. I'd love input if people think I've got something off.
View attachment 182128

I guess I should have done a little more examination because after looking at it closely and reviewing the pictures of your suit on the mannequin I realize that the lower flap of what most people call the apron is simply covering the whole upper half of the fly making them appear farther out, but I did notice the seam under the fly on the reference photos seems to be rolled in and stitched where the tread isn’t visible, or maybe even just matching colored thread
0231871D-D18A-49BA-AB7C-32C17FC66351.jpeg
5303A749-3DB5-442E-850A-18F7F5F2D9A7.jpeg

There is a pattern, but I don't have it personally. This is being done by my sewing team. They create the pattern and sew from there. It's a lightweight canvas. Kinda in between canvas weight and regular fabric weight.
Much like lots of people create 3D print files and then sell them for others to print at home, I would love to see more people sell their sewing patterns that they use to create the soft part garments... I don’t thinks that it’s actually done, but that may also be because there is not enough demand. Either way let us know if you were to ever be able to possibly scan or “digitize” your patterns and would be interested in selling.

What color do people think the flight suit is under the beskar armor? I'm personally looking at abot a hex code #2d2627 (if you copy/paste that into google you should get a sample).

Has anyone figured out what the beskar attaches to? Is it a vest like Boba or a pullover? And is it leather or canvas? Thoughts?

What color do people think the flight suit is under the beskar armor? I'm personally looking at abot a hex code #2d2627 (if you copy/paste that into google you should get a sample).

That color looks pretty spot on, it the show depending on the environment it looks to be a faded black/charcoal with a subtle hint of brown

It does look like the cuffs and the one strip of fabric are sewn on pieces. Not just stitching. Similar to what’s going on with the inner thighs
ABA60D7F-566D-47B0-92F8-A6491E67DC00.jpeg

It is currently for sale in my etsy store, but as a pretty new member here I don't think I'm allowed to create sales threads or post sales links. I have a sales thread under the same username on the rpf.

Do people agree the strip of leather around the knee cartridges is a different colour to the backing piece of leather? ie more red with the backing leather being more chocolate in colour? Great pic in post #46.
Thoughts?

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back