General The heat

CarcaFett83

New Hunter
Can anyone tell me how hot you get wearing the suit and armor? I know the lid needs fans for your face but what about body temps. Any tips or tricks to stay cool when its an oven out doors :(

The helmet fan is personal preference, I've only ever trooped indoors for extended periods, but even some Expo centers can get pretty warm inside when crowded. I've always got the wife on standby with cool water and a long straw handy lol. As a soldier heat and weight on my back aren't a big issue. Just stay hydrated and take regular breaks where you can take off the bucket, get something to drink and cool off.

I was trying come up with a way to put a liquid cooling system in my jetpack, because I get overheated real easy.

Sent from my iPad

I follow Adam Savage all the time on his youtube channel Tested that guy is living the dream I tell ya, he got to troop with Chris Hadfield in space suits! anyway this set up looks so easy to make, its simple and can be made at home, just fit it in the Jetpack. I have this already on the back burner as a possible mod, it can get dam warm in the Fett outfit, it's not so much the heat it's the humidity thats a killer urghh

take a look at the video it's only the first few minutes you need to look at

(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im def going to buy the cooling vest. And Adam Savage tested videos are awesome. Chris made a good point at the end about the blower fans, have to install in back and face it up to clear the fogged visor. Adam said he put some in the helmets but still had fogging issues

cool suits are a good idea and so are fans i personally dont use them , i figure if youre out trooping and youre used to fans and a cool suit if one or both malfunction you pretty screwed not having trooped with out them before. im a pretty big guy so i know all about heat but after about 10 min or so you should get acclimated and be fine.

I live in Texas and have marched in Fourth of July parades where the temp was near 100 and we were walking a couple of miles. My suggestion is to know it will be hot, accept that it will be hot and go with it. There is only so much you can do. Stay hydrated and such but just accept it will be hot while trooping.

Marching in the Dallas Christmas parade when it is in the 30's I still get done and I am sweating.

I just wore my getup for the first time a couple weeks ago and it wasn't all too bad. It was indoors, I have fans in my bucket, and that was really comfortable. Aside from having a sweaty back when I got done, the rest was fine. I never felt like I was overheating. I did drink a couple bottles of water during the day. Stay hydrated.

Thanks for all the tips and advice everyone. Definitely makes me much more excited to get my Boba finished and see for myself what it will be like trooping for a few hours

I'm in the stages of finishing up my ESB and I too started thinking about cooling systems. Both helmet and body. I'm starting with the helmet, then once I start trooping I'll figure out if a suit is needed or not. For the helmet, I'm looking at 30mm fans off a 5VDC battery pack.

Came to post this way to go!

I follow Adam Savage all the time on his youtube channel Tested that guy is living the dream I tell ya, he got to troop with Chris Hadfield in space suits! anyway this set up looks so easy to make, its simple and can be made at home, just fit it in the Jetpack. I have this already on the back burner as a possible mod, it can get dam warm in the Fett outfit, it's not so much the heat it's the humidity thats a killer urghh

take a look at the video it's only the first few minutes you need to look at

(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so my EZcooldown vest came in.

I have to say...this fits REALLY well. I was very worried that it was going to be too bulky, but I'm very happy with the fit (haven't tested the cool factor yet). It's quite comfortable, and I think that it will actually provide some additional padding for the jetpack harness which tends to dig into my shoulders. Will report back when I've done a field test. Next troop isn't until July though.

IMG_0324_1.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back