The great Mandalorian 3d file helmet comparison

shenphong

Active Hunter
The great helmet comparison is finally ready to start finishing up. Most of you on facebook should have seen some of my previous posts and comparisons of earlier models. This was a large comparison of the digital files available to the community for printing, whether free or paid. Most of these have already been printed but I need 3-4 more and the list will be complete. Helmets just off the top of my head include the Rob Pauza, Plasticarmory, 3dprintyarmory, Project 842, Great Ape Studio, Woodtech, Do3D, brokennerd, Nikko, Diaboly and a few more. I'm also including Minutefett's file just recently released though while its a digital file, its a 3d scan of what I believe is the EFX helmet and not so much a 3d modeled rendition like the rest are so when it comes in terms of accuracy, it has to be noted due to that.
zL5YTXxl.jpg

hCtxmmRl.jpg

mozPgZAl.jpg

sz8yRial.jpg

Looks like he was just banned from a large Mandalorian Facebook group:

Hi folks, We have had to take the unfortunate action to remove a member of the community Luis Minute, (MinuteFett)

We received Solid evidence & some independent confirmations that his Digital file offering on Etsy is a direct scan of the EFX Mandalorian helmet, this is harmful to both our communities and and members as we exist at the mercy of the mouse.

Recasting either Digital or Physical from an official licensee who is actively producing is not something we condone and we will actively seek to remove postings and content featuring such items, we respect our position as fans in this community and the good will we have received from both LFL and Disney over the years and the freedom to express our fandom, recasting of other makers work is morally upsetting and wrong, but furthermore when from an active producing licencee it's dangerous to our communities and hobbies.

All the best from the admin team

Well, I would like to know from the admins how different is to sell and unauthorized copy (by eFX/Disney) from the eFX Fett mould to selling a digital scan of the eFX mando helmet and which one could be accepted and which one wouldn't. In both, the company is still on business and both came from an eFX/Disney IP.

Well, I would like to know from the admins how different is to sell and unauthorized copy (by eFX/Disney) from the eFX Fett mould to selling a digital scan of the eFX mando helmet and which one could be accepted and which one wouldn't. In both, the company is still on business and both came from an eFX/Disney IP.

Both result in a physical copies of the efx. He’s even selling his own casts, which when compared to the efx has the same weird qualities not seen in other scans.

I suspect the minutefett defenders, yourself included, will be here shortly on how this is just another “accident” or “misunderstanding”.

It’s getting old. I suspect more pages including here and other Facebook groups will follow suit.

Feel free to make another thread on this. While I do not condone the selling of scans of items like this (that opens up a whole host of issues, I can basically scan everything a maker has made and claim its now my design, my "files") I am just here to compare what is out there for people to review. Please make a new post to go back and forth on.

Feel free to make another thread on this. While I do not condone the selling of scans of items like this (that opens up a whole host of issues, I can basically scan everything a maker has made and claim its now my design, my "files") I am just here to compare what is out there for people to review. Please make a new post to go back and forth on.
So minute fett has been banned from the Facebook group , here and the rpf because you believe his file to be a direct scan of an efx helmet ?

So minute fett has been banned from the Facebook group , here and the rpf because you believe his file to be a direct scan of an efx helmet ?

From me directly? No. It could be the Anovos helmet since I know the two are very similar but I did not have an Anovos in hand. He was likely banned from others reporting it and verifying. If you believe that I had reported him, the answer to that is I did not. But it is up to you to decide that. But since you're calling me out, this took me maybe 2 minutes, MAYBE 3 minutes max to setup, no manipulation of sizing of both the photo taken from sideshow for the efx helmet, no manipulation of the 3d file, just a default side by side and a quick angle match up. I have to stress how quickly this was done to line it up and it still lined up almost perfectly...too much so.
2Qs7q3Yl.jpg

Z37jL0Vl.jpg

04prIrpl.jpg

This, coupled with the fact that the file is a scan that shows tons of artifacts tells me that its either the eFX or the anovos but again, I do not have the anovos on hand to compare. If it is not a scan of either helmets, I'd love to see/hear the original source. There are also now posts from a handful of other individuals that highlight issues with MF so maybe that also had to do with it? Its a sad situation. I did 3d printing work for MF, I provided him 3d prints of his mando stuff in a trade for Jango armor, I bought a Jango helmet from him, but had to get a refund for that one. Competition is good and now one more is down.

I do not believe I have that much sway on the admin team on fb or the forums. It is best you ask them for further details, but for the time being, I'm pretty certain thats a scan of a current officially licensed and offered helmet.
3gdt8V5m.jpg

If you're interested in how the files out there compare to each other, feel free to keep following this thread, if not, please go ahead and create your own topic asking why he was banned.

*note - remember, each helmet was individually made and not spit out of a metal injection mold for precision, this is why you see some of them suffering from droop and what not, I am on my 4th helmet replacement now from efx from issues and the photo used for PR was likely of a pristine top rated production helmet. I would not know how much the scanned helmet would deviate but it apparently did not by much.

I’ve noticed that the EFX helmets vary from helmet to helmet in some minute and some not so minute ways. However there is quite a few definite tells shared through all of the EFX helmets.

The number of 3D Din helmet flies out there is crazy, this is a cool project shenphong. It has been fun seeing people try their hands at the helmet since that first image was released.

I’ve noticed that the EFX helmets vary from helmet to helmet in some minute and some not so minute ways. However there is quite a few definite tells shared through all of the EFX helmets.

The number of 3D Din helmet flies out there is crazy, this is a cool project shenphong. It has been fun seeing people try their hands at the helmet since that first image was released.
I would be interested to know these tells Scott , would it be possible to share them?

Not to close I hope ,
No it’s not perfect. The curve on the back isn’t 100% right (looking from the side), overall mine is very sharp but I’m not sure those details show when printed. I think the shape of the underside of the helmet (if you were looking inside of it) is a little off too. My upper ears could use some work too they’re a bit wonky. But generally it’s pretty close.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back