Terrible painter, looking for a solid Bucket Commission

DarthThaddius

New Hunter
Hey everyone here, I want to get some information here. I am a terrible painter but want to start getting my ESB Boba started. I am looking for a high quality helmet with someone to paint it as well? any suggestions? I am looking around and trying to get my foot in the door. I have been putting this off for years and I am now committed. I just want to get my helmet first, that way I can no longer put it off? Any help out there people?

ToEleven makes a great helmet and is amazing at painting. Wasted Fett makes helmets but does not paint them, Darth Voorhees makes ESB helmets and paints them up as well. Animefan offers helmets but does not paint them. Either pick one of the two makers that makes and paints them as well (ToEleven and DVH) or pick a maker and find a painter.

I mean, if you want to drop the cash, Superjedi does absolutely phenomenal work. His helmet paintups could be mistaken for the original helmet. Alex Lane from Lane Creative Studio is another amazing artist. His "quick" paintups are beyond stunning. Fett4Real does top notch work as well, however he has been busy with real life lately. All three of these guys are super awesome painters, and really nice people to deal with.

Sent from my SM-G930P

Darthmalachi for the win! Take his advice. ToEleven is also one of my top favorite helmet painters. But before you even pick a helmet, how tall are you? If you're 5'9 and below I suggest a GMH from sky fire and if you're taller or bigger then I suggest an FPH2 from WastedFett.

Sent from my iPhone

Now, as far as helmet styles go. Animefan Budget helmets are nice, but you have to add the correct ESB damage, and it is also missing the visor warp. The FPH2 has all of the correct damage, and it slightly larger than a master replicas helmet, due to having the correct helmet flare sculpted in. The GMH is the smallest of the helmets available, however it is best used as a pre-pro, due to having the lineage. You can modify and fill the damage though. I know a guy who is 5'9.5" with an FPH2, and he looks absolutely flawless in kit.

Sent from my SM-G930P

I suggest a MR derived helmet. It trounces everything else out there, that is readily available, in terms of overall size and shape. As has been pointed out you'll need to add some damage but as no other helmet, including the FPH2, has all the correct damage present you'll have to add damage to whatever you choose. You might need to add flare but that's a whole other debate.

Some pretty good painters mentioned here but I'll throw another name into the mix: Major. Robert has done some of the finest ESB paintups I've seen.

Live the dream.

My ROTJ helmet I just finished this weekend. Need to swap out with a longer stalk and paint the kill stripes.
6d911272a1c185f230af00ecda2f1e49.jpg

Sent from my LGL82VL

I suggest a MR derived helmet. It trounces everything else out there, that is readily available, in terms of overall size and shape. As has been pointed out you'll need to add some damage but as no other helmet, including the FPH2, has all the correct damage present you'll have to add damage to whatever you choose. You might need to add flare but that's a whole other debate.

Some pretty good painters mentioned here but I'll throw another name into the mix: Major. Robert has done some of the finest ESB paintups I've seen.

Live the dream.

I commissioned Robert (Major) from VillianWorks to paint up and finish an MDF as an ESB Fett for my collection.

Here's a link to Robert's work on his VillianWorks Facebook page. He said this was a simple inexpensive Fett cast, and yet it's pretty damn excellent.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/VillainworksLtd/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1045587508811714

I also commissioned SuperJedi to finish and paint up a Pre-PP1 Eyes helmet - will be a several months before it gets started. I also love SJ's ESB work.

Lots of talent on these boards, but the first thing you have to do is figure out your budget.

Ok awesome for all the advice guys. I am 5'9" so I like the suggestion. I want the most accurate looking helmet for my build. I appreciate all of the help here. I am looking forward to getting this started and hopefully finished up by the time the next celebration rolls along.

So it sounds like the Master Replicas helmet is great. Or buy one from ToEleven. I will have to see the work and do some research. Thank you so much for the advice everyone.

Any helmet within the realms of believability can look great with a great paintjob. I've seen some repaints of that Target helmet look pretty good so whatever you choose the paintup can make or break it.

That is good to know. I feel that as well. I think I am going to try and make my armor and practice painting. Just intimidated by the bucket

Sent from my SM-G935T

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back