TD "Cheese Grater" Hand Armor Reference Request

tubachris85x

Well-Known Hunter
Hey everyone,

Im looking for some reference pics of the cheese grater hand armor for the sandtroopers. I was requested to make a set for someone, and Ive seen them before, and they arent difficult from what I saw to re-produce. Apparently theres a need for them? Any ways, I dont think it will be to hard to sculpt if I get the proper reference pictures and such, Thanks guys!

-tubachris

Tim Allen

Well-Known Hunter
Try over on the RPF, I know theirs some pictures of them on the "Stormtrooper Oddities" thread so skim through that.

tubachris85x

Well-Known Hunter
Try over on the RPF, I know theirs some pictures of them on the "Stormtrooper Oddities" thread so skim through that.

Yea, I looked through all 43 pages of that thread, they only discussed the variant ANH hand plates, nothing on the cheese graters though.

-tubachris

tubachris85x

Well-Known Hunter
This is the only image of the handguards I can find. Can someone be able to blow up this picture, even enhance it? Thanks!

fun26.jpg

tubachris85x

Well-Known Hunter
Well, to be honest, if that is a fan made version, it dosnt look that much accurate, then again, I dont think anyone can really say it is or isnt because theres hardly any reference. I just need an enhanced image of the screenshot. From the pic, it looks like there are 2 elevated lines running parallel from the top of the wrist, to mid-way down towards the fingers, with depressions. The parallel lines may be a shadow effect though.

-tubachris

Tim Allen

Well-Known Hunter
I think what your seeing in the handplate is that its simple cracked and warped. The fan made one is just a simple plate with the impression lines, were as the ones from the movie were obviously thrown together last minture and look very warped and one has a large crack down the middle.