Taking My Best Shot: Robo's ESB Fett

That suit looks amazing on you!

A couple of things that needs to be repositioned: the sidearm should sit at the back side of the right hip pouch, while the hip pouches hang way too low (on the original suit you don't see the pouch flaps):

View attachment 90936

Also, the chest plates should be rotated a bit until the lower flap fits the abdominal plate's shape:

View attachment 90937
Thank you for checking out my stuff and thanks for the critique! The sidearm repositioning is an easy fix, but the armor plates may be a different story, seeing as they are held on with screw posts through grommets on the vest. Although, once I get a new vest from batninja, I will do my damnedest to get the placement as accurate as possible. For now, I'm hoping my current setup is good for 501st approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty excited to get the metal parts in from DarkSide! I know I won't be able to sleep until I get these installed. I'm setting a goal to take 501st submission photos over this upcoming weekend.
BOBA-MetalParts_zpsmdwsnv50.jpg

Can anyone give me some pointers about connecting the beacon to the battery pack? Is it just a simple matter of splicing the wires together? It came with a tiny connecting unit of some sort, but I am unsure of what to do there... I'm going to figure out a way to make the beacon top stay on, but not be permanent, in case I need to replace the bulb.

Earlier in my build, I mentioned cutting up some old tape cases that fit perfectly as pouch liners to keep them rigid and still functional. My place of employment had a bunch of leftover cases!
BOBA-PouchCases_zpsx67r1cgg.jpg

I've boxed the cases up into sets of 4, one for each pouch and I currently only have 3 sets left for anyone who's interested. All I ask is that you cover the shipping ($13 flat rate box). PM me for my PayPal address if you're wanting some. Here is how I used them in my build:
Boba-Pouches_Liner_zpsz0xrvaaz.jpg

Pretty excited to get the metal parts in from DarkSide! I know I won't be able to sleep until I get these installed. I'm setting a goal to take 501st submission photos over this upcoming weekend.

Can anyone give me some pointers about connecting the beacon to the battery pack? Is it just a simple matter of splicing the wires together? It came with a tiny connecting unit of some sort, but I am unsure of what to do there... I'm going to figure out a way to make the beacon top stay on, but not be permanent, in case I need to replace the bulb.

Take a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screw_terminal That´s what I use.
Leuchterklemme_75dpi.jpg

Leuchterklemme_75dpi.jpg

Take a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screw_terminal That´s what I use.
View attachment 91398

That looks pretty similar to the one that DarkSide provided, but I'm not sure what will attach where. The little connector also has tiny screw posts that are on the back of it (not pictured here). Here is his setup:
p1060064kb_zpsawq8fnmr.jpg

That looks pretty similar to the one that DarkSide provided, but I'm not sure what will attach where. The little connector also has tiny screw posts that are on the back of it (not pictured here). Here is his setup:
p1060064kb_zpsawq8fnmr.jpg

Just put red to red, and black to black... nothing spectacular. ;) The worst that could happen is that the light won´t shine.
luesterklemme.jpg

luesterklemme.jpg

Man! You are a rockstar! That's an impressive suit!
I'm definitely no rockstar, but I am feeling pretty good about finishing things up!

Speaking of finishing, I went ahead and added some finishing touches to a few pieces that needed them. I painted and installed the aluminum darts into the knee pads, painted the tops of the metal collar studs that needed it, and finished altering the flamethrower a little on the left gauntlet.
BOBA-FinishingTouches1_zpshb1s1odj.jpg

The electronics were fairly easy to rig into the jetpack and the metal beacon from @Darkside looks great! I also couldn't resist the cry of the siren known as batninja! He started doing a few flak vests and neck seals and I had to get one! I stitched the neck seal onto the collar of my flight suit.
BOBA-FinishingTouches2_zps9qrhys2g.jpg

PLEASE: Does anyone know where to get one of the little dental files (like the bits on the whipcord housing)? A blue one needs to go on the jetpack, but mine broke off and I can't find it! I guess another resin one would be fine, seeing as the metal ones are hard to come by. Lastly, I want to thank people on this forum and others for all of their passion, ingenuity, and hard work. Sites like this take out some of the tedium to allow for more productivity and fun!

I'm pretty stoked to get suited up tonight to take my submission photos! Wish me luck!!!

I'm definitely no rockstar, but I am feeling pretty good about finishing things up!

Speaking of finishing, I went ahead and added some finishing touches to a few pieces that needed them. I painted and installed the aluminum darts into the knee pads, painted the tops of the metal collar studs that needed it, and finished altering the flamethrower a little on the left gauntlet.
BOBA-FinishingTouches1_zpshb1s1odj.jpg

The electronics were fairly easy to rig into the jetpack and the metal beacon from @Darkside looks great! I also couldn't resist the cry of the siren known as @batninja! He started doing a few flak vests and neck seals and I had to get one! I stitched the neck seal onto the collar of my flight suit.
BOBA-FinishingTouches2_zps9qrhys2g.jpg

PLEASE: Does anyone know where to get one of the little dental files (like the bits on the whipcord housing)? A blue one needs to go on the jetpack, but mine broke off and I can't find it! I guess another resin one would be fine, seeing as the metal ones are hard to come by. Lastly, I want to thank people on this forum and others for all of their passion, ingenuity, and hard work. Sites like this take out some of the tedium to allow for more productivity and fun!

I'm pretty stoked to get suited up tonight to take my submission photos! Wish me luck!!!

Ive got resin cast files Pete. Shoot me a PM.

Absolutely brilliant build so far - such a good read. Although its more like flipping through a picture book.

Great work with weathering on the suit, there are far to many clean Fetts out there!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back