Taking a cast from a mystery helmet

and bro, no one is trying to "jump down your throat" but the idea of recasting is a shady area. I for one have scratch built some halo weapons I am building. I'm not gonna be to happy if i find out someone has recast it and is selling it for his own profit.

Just to say, I've known all the people here for a good long while and they are all good people, and this is a family to me bro. No one is tryin to be hostile or anything, just we try to look out for artisians here at the board because, they are nice enough to spend there time, effort and money to make these props for us to purchase, and we dont like seeing people rip them off...catch my driftage?

With that said, I'm sure that you will find whatever you need here at TDH. If you ever have any other questions, hit us up man, and we will do our best.

ok I know this probably isn't the right place to ask about it but what if one recasted a mystery helmet not for profit? like say a group of people pitch in for a mystery and make like 7 helmets for a fan film to cut down on cost? is that a bad thing?

your best bet would be to ask he who MADE the mystery helmet, for that permission. But usually, your cheapest way, its to buy them anyway. Maybe talk to the maker and ask if he would do a bulk discount...

Recasting is frowned upon usually in every direction.

Darth Mule said:
Yeah. Recasting bad. Especially a mystery helmet. Cuz that would be like taking a recast of a recast. Wait a minute... That doesn't sound right. If you were to recast a Mystery Helmet, could you be banned without banning the members who recast them in the first place?

Also. How different is recasting from reproducing any costume piece? Even if it is from scratch. You're still copying someone else's work.

I'm by no means defending the recasters. But I do think that there are alot of hypocrits on this board when it comes to the subject. Someone that makes a cast of an MQ-1 and copies it, for example (one I think I read about someone getting banned for recently), is just as much a recaster as the person who makes a recast of the copy. If there is a no recast policy on this board, it seems it should apply to everyone without exception. But then where would we get our MHs from?
You got that spot on........Bravo........Bravo...... (y)

Darth Mule said:
Yeah. Recasting bad. Especially a mystery helmet. Cuz that would be like taking a recast of a recast. Wait a minute... That doesn't sound right. If you were to recast a Mystery Helmet, could you be banned without banning the members who recast them in the first place?

Also. How different is recasting from reproducing any costume piece? Even if it is from scratch. You're still copying someone else's work.

I'm by no means defending the recasters. But I do think that there are alot of hypocrits on this board when it comes to the subject. Someone that makes a cast of an MQ-1 and copies it, for example (one I think I read about someone getting banned for recently), is just as much a recaster as the person who makes a recast of the copy. If there is a no recast policy on this board, it seems it should apply to everyone without exception. But then where would we get our MHs from?

No one got banned for recasting a cast of the MQ-1

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back