syllander's ESB FPH2 paintup by rubio95

Wow, fantastic job Rubio! It's always good to see ESB and ROTJ helmets sitting together too. It's easy to forget just how different they are until you see them next to each other.

Absolutely love it mate, and agree that when the colours interact, is when things truly start to take shape. Like Dom, love the colours from the front - on first layer, the green at the back seemed a touch too bright green, but not sure if it was being misted/weathered. Love your work bud!

Absolutely love it mate, and agree that when the colours interact, is when things truly start to take shape. Like Dom, love the colours from the front - on first layer, the green at the back seemed a touch too bright green, but not sure if it was being misted/weathered. Love your work bud!

Love to hear from you, J (I still have your address and I HAVEN'T forgotten.....)!

Regarding the back panel green....

The pic that's being referred to (I think) is under very BRIGHT light (it was meant to show the dome). It doesn't appear that 'green' under normal lighting. I've got the lid masked off for some details, right now, so I can't take a good pic, but trust me, it's much more subdued than it appears.

Lots more to come.

Dude!! Love that dome green!! Love it! Would have gone a little bit more blue grey on the back panels but man...that green is just great!

Still working. Parabolas completed (they are NO fun lol). Waiting on some transfers to come in the mail (supposed to be Monday). I've misted on the brownish 'dust' around the trim and the reddish mist around the dent. I'll try to get the dent wrapped up today. Then splatters and wash. Should be wrapping this bad boy up very soon.

Thanks for looking and the kind comments. I've received a few PMs that I'll be catching up with soon.

067208C6-3B0D-4CF6-A08A-8256B4CC1BF1.jpg

C3071841-311E-42E8-A000-D050B88CAD44.jpg

CD2A2A59-05D4-4928-8FDB-C9219C478CC0.jpg

Very nice brother. Coming together nicely. The weathering is just as important as the color range and really brings it to life.

Still rocking.

Washed the helmet with a few acrylics. Kinda scary to me how much colors have shifted. And now I'm seriously debating a satin clear coat.

Transfers partially applied. Woodlandscenics.com. Good stuff.

Thoughts?

58012197-9918-4AE3-8296-ED56E3589240_1.jpg

33F1D17C-9F6B-410D-9C24-67147F962980.jpg

Hey brutha a little unrelated could you possibly post photo of both FPH2's (i.e. ESB and RoTJ) next to each other wud be a huge help. Nothing special just as they sit there .

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back