Stormrider is back. Anyone saying they had my permissions or mold was lying...

Stormrider

Well-Known Hunter
It has come to my attention that there are people saying they are selling 'My Kits' No one has worked with me, or has my permission to sell 'my kits' except jdubz. And he does not 'sell them' he runs my lists.

I have been gone for quite a while working on large projects but now time has allowed me to come back to what I love.

In doing so, i am receiving messages about 'kits' people have purchased that are not only of low quality, but are being presented as 'stormrider' kits.

I will be creating runs for all of my kits. ESB, ROTJ, Sideram, Holster, Prepro2, New book of Boba blaster, and Mandarlorian version (longer).

As well as HIC's. The number available will be determined by orders. I have good molds that I can say will be good for a few of each, but with interest I will make new molds.

At any rate, I will be back, around and able to answer questions if anyone has one.

EDIT: Took out the screenshot. That sale, and the bigger issue are not related and I shouldnt have conflated the two.

Last edited:
Uh, no. Next time I'd appreciate it if you'd simply reach out to me directly and ask before slinging my name around via screenshot. I don't know what could have possessed "mattman1138" to think our single transaction over a year ago was anything like what you were posting about, but if you had asked me you would have learned that I simply RESOLD to him in August 2020 the unused Signature it that you and jbdubz sold and delivered to me in April 2019, for the same price I paid you ($350 including shipping, so I lost on the deal just to unload the kit I simply no longer needed, having found another completed EE-3 while waiting during your long production delays). And YES, I did get your blessing to resell it here in response to folks hitting your thread, because you were still getting hit up for it but was no longer producing it at the time.

Also, NO ONE has complained to you that this kit that you made and I resold was low quality or in any other way misrepresented; even mattman1138's private message to you doesn't imply that, so I can't fathom why you'd misrepresent me as an example of someone producing and selling kits in your name. Especially since I actually extended the courtesy of asking for (and receiving) your permission first to privately respond to folks posting on your thread looking to buy the kit after you'd already stopped your runs, since so many were still hitting you up for it and you had no more.

Here is mattman1138's PM to me at the time confirming that the kit in question (YOUR work) was in fact "P.E.R.F.E.C.T.".

Please edit this to remove any association with/to me, and in the future I'd encourage you to always reach out to someone directly before including them in a public, knee-jerk accusation.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.27.13 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.27.13 PM.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 198
Uh, no. Next time I'd appreciate it if you'd simply reach out to me directly and ask before slinging my name around via screenshot. I don't know what could have possessed "mattman1138" to think our single transaction over a year ago was anything like what you were posting about, but if you had asked me you would have learned that I simply RESOLD to him in August 2020 the unused Signature it that you and jbdubz sold and delivered to me in April 2019, for the same price I paid you ($350 including shipping, so I lost on the deal just to unload the kit I simply no longer needed, having found another completed EE-3 while waiting during your long production delays). And YES, I did get your blessing to resell it here in response to folks hitting your thread, because you were still getting hit up for it but was no longer producing it at the time.

Also, NO ONE has complained to you that this kit that you made and I resold was low quality or in any other way misrepresented; even mattman1138's private message to you doesn't imply that, so I can't fathom why you'd misrepresent me as an example of someone producing and selling kits in your name. Especially since I actually extended the courtesy of asking for (and receiving) your permission first to privately respond to folks posting on your thread looking to buy the kit after you'd already stopped your runs, since so many were still hitting you up for it and you had no more.

Here is mattman1138's PM to me at the time confirming that the kit in question (YOUR work) was in fact "P.E.R.F.E.C.T.".

Please edit this to remove any association with/to me, and in the future I'd encourage you to always reach out to someone directly before including them in a public, knee-jerk accusation.
I posted a retraction and apology as I shouldnt' have conflated your sale, with the issues with the ROTJ blaster that was advertised as 'my molds from someone else with my permission'. I said it there, and I will say it here. I apologize.

Your response was warranted, and accurate.

Hello, I just saw this today over on the TDH FB page and thought I would come directly here to address something. At no point in any of this did I insinuate anything about anyone involved in my purchase of the kit. I'm just a guy trying to build a costume so I can make other star wars fans, like myself, happy. I did, however, try to do my due diligence as a purchaser of an item that wasn't being directly purchased from the maker. This is not an indictment of anyone here in this thread, especially MT. I simply have seen enough people get ripped off in one way or another on this site over the years, as apparently has happened to someone reaching out to sidewinder, and as was most recently seen with the removal of wasted fett as a seller, to want to try and protect myself if at all possible. I had a bad experience with wasted fett myself and was simply trying to verify authenticity before making the purchase, which I wasn't able to and yet I trusted my gut and bought the kit. All of that is to say that I think my message was understandable based on my experience with a seller, and others' as well. What I'm disheartened by is the fact that no one reached out to me directly, privately, to see what I meant (even though I think it was obvious I wasn't insinuating anything about anyone). Instead I've been dragged into this PUBLICLY, which I do NOT appreciate. My private messages with both of you are still here for everyone to see. I would appreciate any post referencing me be editing and my screen name removed, as well as the photos of my private message that are still here. You both have clearly ascertained that my situation was not warranting of this post and I don't want to be involved in this. Everything I did was in good faith and understandable. Please remove anything referencing me. Thank you.

Glad to hear you're back! I'd love to catch up and touch base about your HIC offering. I've made a lot of progress making the hic builders easier, especially with the injection mold I made for the control panels. PM sent!

Glad to hear you're back! I'd love to catch up and touch base about your HIC offering. I've made a lot of progress making the hic builders easier, especially with the injection mold I made for the control panels. PM sent!
He hasnt been on in months.... not sure hes still around at this time. Maybe jbdubz can confirm

We're not in any transactions or anything. Just reached out early last year about his Boba blasters and then he just disappeared. Just curious if he was okay.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back